Help with wiring Rigid 20" E-Series Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveT

Reaction score
Let me bein by saying, I am no electrician! I have poured over the various threads and am still stumped as to why my light bar won't work. (2019 SCREW)

The Rigid manual says to use a 15 Amp fuse and I have installed a 15 Amp fuse into the harness.

The light bar has a fixed pigtail with a 12 gauge Red & Black Pair of unfinished ends.

The Harness from Rigid has a pigtail which includes a Red & White unfinished pair & a Leg for a manual switch with Red / Black / Blue end with Female connectors for a manual switch & a leg with Red & Black Ring connectors for attaching to the battery.

I used 12 gauge Butt connectors to connect Red-Red / Black to Black from the Light bar to the pigtail with the Red/Black unfinished ends.

I connected the Red Ring to the Positive terminal and the Black ring connector to the Negative battery terminal.

I then snipped the female connector from the Blue Wire on the Harness and connected via a crimp connector to the Green/White Aux wire which goes to Aux 1. I know I have the correct wires as I have bumper lights using these already. In fact, I know Aux1 is Hot/Good as I had a light on it previously.

Turn on the truck, flip Aux1 ON ... No joy. I've checked all connections and can't find anything wrong.

> Update I am blowing the fuse ... digging into this now

Last edited:

OICNW-Rob

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be worried as to why you need a 25A fuse when Rigid says you only need a 15 amp. Where is the extra draw coming from? Unless that 15A fuse was just weak. Are you running more than just this light bar on this circuit?

OP
OP
DaveT

DaveT

Reaction score
I blew two 15 Amp Fuses. The installation guide says the "minimum fusing requirement" is 15 Amps for the E-series (20"+). The specs from RI do shoe 15.3 Amps max draw, so I would assume it's peaking over 15 Amp when it gets lit up and the buffer of the larger fuse is enough?

I only have the lightbar on this Aux switch.