GEN 2 Help with wiring fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cristian H

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to an actual resource or instruction file that helps me wire these? They have a YouTube video but it's useless. The price was right on Amazon but I have no idea what I'm doing from a wiring standpoint. I can follow instructions though and consider myself somewhat technically savvy.

iJDMTOY White/Amber Switchback LED DRL Fog Light Kit For 2017-up Ford Raptor, 5-Lamp Assembly w/Turn Signal Feature https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6X8SPZ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why use a relay when the switches are powered and fused?

So that I can add more to the dedicated circuit and not worry about drawing power through the switch. I don’t want to have to rewire things as I add more to that light circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring into the overhead upfitter switches is very simple. PM me if you want to discuss on line. The hardest part is figuring out which wire bundle is live wire and which is (merely) the pass through to the kick panel in passenger footwell. Wired 3 sets up over boy scout campout (it's that simple ... once you realize there are two wiring bundles to be located and tested)
:)

2nd thought (now that I opened the link on the original post): The wiring to connect to overhead upfitter switches is easy, but that would not have them acting as DRLs. You could, however, still wire them into upfitter since they only are powered when the ignition is 'on' (so it would, effectively, be like DRL that you could turn off/on through overhead switch.

MNPNUT

Reaction score
Wiring into the overhead upfitter switches is very simple. PM me if you want to discuss on line. The hardest part is figuring out which wire bundle is live wire and which is (merely) the pass through to the kick panel in passenger footwell. Wired 3 sets up over boy scout campout (it's that simple ... once you realize there are two wiring bundles to be located and tested)
:)

2nd thought (now that I opened the link on the original post): The wiring to connect to overhead upfitter switches is easy, but that would not have them acting as DRLs. You could, however, still wire them into upfitter since they only are powered when the ignition is 'on' (so it would, effectively, be like DRL that you could turn off/on through overhead switch.
Hi, I have a 2019 and looking to install fog lights. The instructions are very minimal. I found 1 wiring bundle but cannot find another? Also, the wiring harness that came with the fog lights have a red (fog light) white (running light) and yellow (turn signal). I have yet to find the corresponding wires for these? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2019 and looking to install fog lights. The instructions are very minimal. I found 1 wiring bundle but cannot find another? Also, the wiring harness that came with the fog lights have a red (fog light) white (running light) and yellow (turn signal). I have yet to find the corresponding wires for these? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

did you reach out to the vendor?
I didn’t know we had anything out there with turn signal options. I’ve seen backlight but not signals.

If you just have fogs, but a really oddball harness, you may be better off wiring it up without the harness. The easiest way to wire them up will be to get power from the up fitter harness, passenger side firewall under the hood as documented in the Raptor owner’s supplement and numerous threads here on FRF. Choose one with a higher amperage rating than both fogs combined. Grab a chassis ground close to the lights. Weather proof resistant connections will save some down the road trouble.

if both lights have more than 80% of the amperage the up fitter circuit is rated for, you should consider using a relay. Get direct battery power to the relay, chassis ground. Up fitter wire will be the ‘signal’ to activate the relay and the lights go on the ‘switch leg’ to get turned on/off as the relay is energized.