Help with Repeated Fuse 95 (Vehicle Power 2) blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure it's fuse 95? That controls the right front headlamp assembly.
I sent him some info in a PM and at first I thought the same thing. Honesty I think there are actually 4 generations of raptors. 2017-2018 and 2019-2020 have enough differences that 2019-2020 should at least be gen 2.5

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, and I tore everything apart this last weekend to double-check there were no loose wires or anything shorting from the front end to the firewall and under the truck back to the tank. All signs point towards an internal short coming from the evap purge valve or other related codes. So instead of spending more time ripping through everything, I've got it scheduled at a Ford dealer for them to figure it out. It's only got 31k in miles so it's covered...

Year 2017
I have had vehicles were I do that and the problem goes away for days, weeks, months or forever. Just by moving things around, what ever was "touching " ground, isn't anymore. Just saying.

OP
OP
baz80

baz80

Reaction score
I have had vehicles were I do that and the problem goes away for days, weeks, months or forever. Just by moving things around, what ever was "touching " ground, isn't anymore. Just saying.
and it stayed off for about a week then yesterday evening, fuse popped, & the check engine light is back on. Going to the dealership Tuesday, with a sign that reads “Happy Hunting” I’ll update once they locate the issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Did mobile detailer use a pressure washer? If so, the possibilities are many...

OP
OP
baz80

baz80

Reaction score
Update - bank 2 oxygen sensor wire somehow got enough slack to randomly rub on the drive shaft, wearing down the insulated wire and when all conditions were just right (speed, bumps, wind, black magic sorcery) the exposed wire would touch the spinning driveshaft and cause the short which would blow the fuse sending all sorts of codes for evap, purge, o2 sensors, start/stop disable, etc…Fun stuff…So if anyone ever has fuse 95 - Vehicle Power 2 continuously blowing, you’ve at least got a spot to start your search.

Extra thanks to all that provided feedback, appreciate all the assistance

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update - bank 2 oxygen sensor wire somehow got enough slack to randomly rub on the drive shaft, wearing down the insulated wire and when all conditions were just right (speed, bumps, wind, black magic sorcery) the exposed wire would touch the spinning driveshaft and cause the short which would blow the fuse sending all sorts of codes for evap, purge, o2 sensors, start/stop disable, etc…Fun stuff…So if anyone every has fuse 95 - Vehicle Power 2 continuously blowing, you’ve at least got a spot to start your search.

Glad they were able to find it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s a heck of a find. Glad you got the resolution!

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update - bank 2 oxygen sensor wire somehow got enough slack to randomly rub on the drive shaft, wearing down the insulated wire and when all conditions were just right (speed, bumps, wind, black magic sorcery) the exposed wire would touch the spinning driveshaft and cause the short which would blow the fuse sending all sorts of codes for evap, purge, o2 sensors, start/stop disable, etc…Fun stuff…So if anyone ever has fuse 95 - Vehicle Power 2 continuously blowing, you’ve at least got a spot to start your search.

Was this the pre cat sensor or after car sensor? Im having the exact conditions now. Drove through 50 mile an hour winds going 70mph and the wind must had blown a wire into something that caused it to short, my fuse 95 pops right when i swap it and turn on the truck