Help with Offset on Fuel Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
In the near future, I will be purchasing a set of Fuel Beasts for my "11 Screw. I am trying to figure out which offset I should get. They come in a 4.5", 5.0" and a 5.75" Offset. I have read a lot on here about the offset, enough that I know (or think) I want to go with either the 5, or 5.75 Offset. Currently I am running the stock BFG's, and would like to keep them as they only have 22K on them and I don't want to drop the coin for new. But when I do buy new, I would like to step up to the 37" BFG's. I am on mid-perch and only do mild off-road (Nebraska pfft) and I would like to know which offset is going to give me the least amount of rubbing.

I know there are a lot of guys on here that have tried several different combinations and would like their advise. I've tried to go through some of the posts about the 37's, and it looks like some people have problems, and others don't.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the near future, I will be purchasing a set of Fuel Beasts for my "11 Screw. I am trying to figure out which offset I should get. They come in a 4.5", 5.0" and a 5.75" Offset. I have read a lot on here about the offset, enough that I know (or think) I want to go with either the 5, or 5.75 Offset. Currently I am running the stock BFG's, and would like to keep them as they only have 22K on them and I don't want to drop the coin for new. But when I do buy new, I would like to step up to the 37" BFG's. I am on mid-perch and only do mild off-road (Nebraska pfft) and I would like to know which offset is going to give me the least amount of rubbing.

I know there are a lot of guys on here that have tried several different combinations and would like their advise. I've tried to go through some of the posts about the 37's, and it looks like some people have problems, and others don't.

With intent to do 37's in the future the 5.75" backspace will be the best bet for the least amount of rubbing. If for any reason you end up keeping 35's do the 5".

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lee is right. The more offset the better. I went from the stock heavy offset to method roost rims and now the clearance is definitely less now. That being said, light to moderate off roading(no jumping), and no rubbing of any kind on just mid-perch. 37's are awesome. They look so much better in the well.

OP
OP
NUTHINGOESRITE
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. still on the fence with the 37's. I'm going to have to find some pictures of a setup with the same size wheel as the one with a 5.75" BS. I just don't want the wheels to be tucked in any more than they already are.

So, that being said, can anybody tell me, will the 17X9 with the 5.75" BS stick out from the Wheel well any further? Just from reading past threads and doing some quick calculations in my head, it looks like they will end up very close to the stock wheel, but if I go with the wheel with only 5" of BS, it will move out not quite an inch... Does this sound right, or is my thinking wrong?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. still on the fence with the 37's. I'm going to have to find some pictures of a setup with the same size wheel as the one with a 5.75" BS. I just don't want the wheels to be tucked in any more than they already are.

So, that being said, can anybody tell me, will the 17X9 with the 5.75" BS stick out from the Wheel well any further? Just from reading past threads and doing some quick calculations in my head, it looks like they will end up very close to the stock wheel, but if I go with the wheel with only 5" of BS, it will move out not quite an inch... Does this sound right, or is my thinking wrong?

You're on the right track. The 17x9 wheel with a 5.75" BS will stick out about 3/8" more than stock. Stock backspace is 6.08".

The 5.00" BS on the 17x9 wheel with the +1 offset will be about 1/4" more tucked in than what most folks are running with their Method wheels.

If you want to run 37s, go with the more conservative 5.75" BS. If you want to stick with the 35s, go with the 5.00 for a more aggressive fitment.

Also, this chart may help:
backspace_offset_conversion.gif

ERF-RAPTOR

Reaction score
You're on the right track. The 17x9 wheel with a 5.75" BS will stick out about 3/8" more than stock. Stock backspace is 6.08".

The 5.00" BS on the 17x9 wheel with the +1 offset will be about 1/4" more tucked in than what most folks are running with their Method wheels.

If you want to run 37s, go with the more conservative 5.75" BS. If you want to stick with the 35s, go with the 5.00 for a more aggressive fitment.

Also, this chart may help:
backspace_offset_conversion.gif

What width would you recommend for running 35s? 9" or 10"?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It depends on the look you want. If you want the fat tire look, then go 10 wide and just know you’ll need a bit of trimming to clear it all. If you want more conservative fitment, stick with 9” wide.