Help with missing Pro Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not too late to add the option , your dealer has to submit the change to their regional rep. I ordered 2022 F250 Tremor and added two options two weeks before the build day. The manager that was handling my order said he didn't think it was possible to add any options that close to the build day. From what I understand color changes cant be made this close to build day but adding one or two options is no problem.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a build date (it is a dealer stock order) and they were able to contact the Regional/Zone rep and even get the color changed to CO.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can always count on this forum to make me feel better for my own mistake. Thanks for the responses so far. I learned that the truck needs to be running the entire time whereas I thought the truck charged a larger battery and then the battery would be used to power and repeat that process. Running the vehicle for extended periods of time doesn't seem like a great idea. I called my rep to see if it can be added but I will no longer be crushed if it can't. I also didn't realize that it still came with a 400w plug for smaller items. That's all I would really need it for my small trips. There are some much better options out there but I always looked at this as in case of emergency too.

bprsnt

Reaction score
OK sales rep just contacted me and said once it's scheduled to be built you can't make any changes. Ohh well. So long power pro! I will be looking forward to having the extra room under the rear seat however as I plan on storing many tools there also.
I was really on the fence about adding the power pro.
I have a Honda EU2200 I can bring if I need it.

Power Pro also requires an additional alternator that runs regardless if you are using the power or not.
I passed.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I only got it because I didnt want a small generator. I only need it from time to time to charge up cordless power tool batteries, corded power tools etc when there isn't power on the job. for the most its maybe 2-3 times a year. if I couldn't get it I would have not lost sleep over it either. Other options for sure.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was all hot and bothered for it too, until I realized you gotta leave the engine running. Small generator and extension cord would be better.
I agree. Ford advertised this as being good for tailgating. I tailgate for every Notre Dame game and never used it because you have to have the truck running. Because of this, it is actually terrible for tailgating. Nothing like tailgating and breathing exhaust fumes while watching a tv on the back of the truck.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Ford advertised this as being good for tailgating. I tailgate for every Notre Dame game and never used it because you have to have the truck running. Because of this, it is actually terrible for tailgating. Nothing like tailgating and breathing exhaust fumes while watching a tv on the back of the truck.

I honestly thought because it had a battery pack that the vehicle charged the battery first, and then you ran power off of that. If the battery became low then you would need to run the vehicle. As the post states I was heartbroken on Wednesday but on Friday after reading all the comments and learning how this actually works I am very happy I skipped this feature.

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These guys were just hanging outside my door tonight

Attachments

• 20220712_201135.jpg
    20220712_201135.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220712_200654.jpg
    20220712_200654.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220712_200712.jpg