Help with missing Pro Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I placed my order on October 1st, I added 801A High for $6,150 and Power Tech Package $1,995. At the time, I'm almost certain this included the Pro Power 2.0k. I was reading my daily FRF threads and someone posted their build sheet, and it listed Pro Power for $995. My heart immediately dropped because I didn't remember seeing it on my build sheet (But it does list power tailgate and moon roof). I spend a lot of time camping in Baja and this was one of the features I was really looking forward to having. My build date is 3/15. My sales rep will find out if it's officially on my build sheet tomorrow, but in the meantime, is it the general opinion of the group that I am screwed on this feature? I don't want to go to the end of the line with a new build after waiting since October, and I also want to stay price protected since I'm at MSRP and before the mid-year price increase. Maybe since this is such a simple item, it could be added on last minute or added after the fact at the dealer? I'm crushed.

Any advice? I've been waiting so patiently since October for this to happen. I guess it isn't a must-have, and I'll still love the truck no matter what, but I ordered a custom truck missing one of my favorite features. Maybe someone can spin my brain so that I never wanted this feature anyway? lol but for the extra 1k it was going to be a great feature. Thanks in advance. I already posted about this in the 3/7 thread but figured I'd move it here to get all the info this forum has. I hope I didn't miss anything else. I didn't want the upgraded wheels and stickers. Everything else was a yes. Do I still get heated rear seats or does that have to be listed also?

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 70

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated rear seats are standard on 801A.

Do you have a VIN and build date yet? If so, you probably can't add it, but you can always petition the regional rep.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for you buddy…unfortunately I am pretty sure you cannot add a feature like that anymore at this point. On top of that, you can’t just cancel the order either. The truck is on track to be built.

If it makes you feel better at all, I specifically did not add that feature because I didn’t want the extra weight, I didn’t want underseat space taken up (I put all my tools under the seat), and without the feature you still get a 400w outlet in the bed to charge cordless tools, coffee maker, etc. 2000w sounds great until I started thinking about what I could use it for on a camping trip. I just couldn’t think of anything that a 400w outlet didn’t already take care of.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the bright side you can buy a nice Honda portable and save $4k (as opposed to resubmitting). You can always trade your truck in once your 23 comes in.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I feel for you buddy…unfortunately I am pretty sure you cannot add a feature like that anymore at this point. On top of that, you can’t just cancel the order either. The truck is on track to be built.

If it makes you feel better at all, I specifically did not add that feature because I didn’t want the extra weight, I didn’t want underseat space taken up (I put all my tools under the seat), and without the feature you still get a 400w outlet in the bed to charge cordless tools, coffee maker, etc. 2000w sounds great until I started thinking about what I could use it for on a camping trip. I just couldn’t think of anything that a 400w outlet didn’t already take care of.

I was all hot and bothered for it too, until I realized you gotta leave the engine running. Small generator and extension cord would be better.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it but most likely use it only a few times a year. you can always get a Honda as other person posted or get fords version. and it doesn't require engine to keep running

other than taking up a little space might do what you need it to. not to mention its half the price as the on board 2k. plus when you dont have it you lose the extra weigh. as if the weight matters that much in reality.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat, why Lug the gas and generator when you have one in the truck. I was getting a powerboost until I learned my camper will not run cause the ford generator was not neutral bonded and my camper would not work. It would have been awesome….. oh well

14 tuxblack raptor

Reaction score
this included the Pro Power 2.0k. I was reading my daily FRF threads and someone posted their build sheet, and it listed Pro Power for $995. My heart immediately dropped because I didn't remember seeing it on my build sheet (But it does list power tailgate and moon roof). I spend a lot of time camping in Baja and this was one of the features I was really looking forward to having.
If it turns out you end up not having the feature a cool portable option to check out is Bluetti kits. They go up to 6,000W, and a total of 24,576Wh, crazy pricey for all of that, but a cool design with stacking modular addon packs and lots of different options for needs