Help with electrical gremlins surfacing after sat for 3 weeks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Wright

Reaction score
So I have not driven my 2018 screw for about 3 weeks and when driving it for the first time yesterday I came across some strange electrical issues. The startup chime and backup alarm was coming from the dash not the audio system. Passenger door keyless remote doesn’t work even when engine is on. Interior lighting when door is open would turn off after 1 minute (door still open and engine not running ). Oh radio would not on unless truck was on (before you could turn on radio without truck being turned on). Truck started fine so I was not suspicious of a battery issue,
I would appreciate anybody’s help?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IDK, maybe the battery is a bit low after sitting. See if it changes back to normal after the battery is fully charged. The passenger door actuator could be failing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
To expand on both, older, wise, sage and well, older previous responders, you have a symptom set that indicates a low batter condition, but several Battery Management System protective features. The passenger door handle sensor is typically the first noticed issue. I can get this washing and waxing my truck while blaring the stereo after about 90 minutes.

I’d get the truck out for a long drive. Chances are the auto stop/start won’t function for a while. Once that starts working, your battery is probably close to well charged.

hwycycle

Reaction score
My truck (standard 2016 F150) just started the same issues, under the same conditions. Tested it, and showed “bad battery”. I charged it back to 100% with a trickle charger and it show “low/recharge” in about 2 days.
I just changed the battery yesterday... no sense risking possible low voltage issues with a 5 1/2 year old battery.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
These trucks are fussy with low batteries, all sorts of things will pop up.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you look under the hood? Last winter Squirrels decided to take residence in my raptor when I was Covid-19 quarantined. Chewed up windshield washer hoses, fog light wiring harness and actually chewed up my fuse box.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
So I have not driven my 2018 screw for about 3 weeks and when driving it for the first time yesterday I came across some strange electrical issues. The startup chime and backup alarm was coming from the dash not the audio system. Passenger door keyless remote doesn’t work even when engine is on. Interior lighting when door is open would turn off after 1 minute (door still open and engine not running ). Oh radio would not on unless truck was on (before you could turn on radio without truck being turned on). Truck started fine so I was not suspicious of a battery issue,
I would appreciate anybody’s help?
How about a update?