Help with ECU code...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my brain out a week or so ago and now need help tracking down an ECU code to get my truck back on the road.

"B1596 - Body" is what TORQUE reports. Anyone with an FSM that can look that up?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my brain out a week or so ago and now need help tracking down an ECU code to get my truck back on the road.

"B1596 - Body" is what TORQUE reports. Anyone with an FSM that can look that up?

The ECU is unable to finish doing the battery of self tests. Fix/clear the rest of the codes and it shouldn't pop up anymore. What other codes are you throwing?

OP
OP
IoN6

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was kicking a restraint control module error, but that one isn't coming back since cleared. Just getting that one currently...

With that said I am getting Hill Descent Control, Brake System and Traction Control errors on the info center. :-/

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was kicking a restraint control module error, but that one isn't coming back since cleared. Just getting that one currently...

With that said I am getting Hill Descent Control, Brake System and Traction Control errors on the info center. :-/

Welcome to the rest of us. All my warning lights kick on and off. It seems if I take a hard hit, it'll turn off. Then taking a hard hit again, they'll all come back on. That being said, check your ABS lines. You may have snagged one of them (did this the first Raptor Run). They are the black plastic lines running along your rear axle. Flimsy pieces of shit and one of them dangles below the axle so it is easy to snag on something. We zip tied mine up higher so it wasn't hanging below the axle anymore (rear passengers side of the axle).

Something for you to check on at least.

OP
OP
IoN6

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

I have noticed that sometimes when I turn it on it will bitch and others everything is a-ok...

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

I have noticed that sometimes when I turn it on it will bitch and others everything is a-ok...

That is what mine does. Half the time I can just turn the truck off, open the door (kills the electronics), turn the truck back on and all the lights turn off. Current train of thought is that it is a heat issue on the lines.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score

Also check for moisture in your 3rd brake light, that has been the main culprit for throwing the hill descent/brake/tc error.