Help with DRL - Parking Lights & Turns only Forscan Pictures included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, success...After Antho caught a mistake I made I changing the number, still didn’t work, but then went back into DLR advanced settings and “checked it”, Wallah, it worked. This is such a great forum..shared resources really help. Thank you.

Now onto the “tilt” sideview mirrors while in reverse.

ABC18A82-1475-47F3-8F5D-04FC1349ABF8.jpeg

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right about the members here, without them I would be lost and spending a whole lot of time chasing my tail on the net. I`m just setting up my laptop with Forscan. looking to do some simple things like tilting and folding mirrors along with killing the double honk.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right about the members here, without them I would be lost and spending a whole lot of time chasing my tail on the net. I`m just setting up my laptop with Forscan. looking to do some simple things like tilting and folding mirrors along with killing the double honk.
Totally agree. I’m sure you’ve already read this, Definitely back up your existing format incase you need to set back to original. Although, I do recall reading a thread here where another member found a way to look up all the original settings on the Ford web site.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reverse tilt mirrors is tricky. Not because it's hard to implement in Forscan. It's just as easy as everything else to make the change. But once you make the change keep two things in mind:
1. You must then follow the calibration steps (linked in the Forscan sheet) exactly. Once for each mirror.
2. After you follow the calibration steps, you may need to reset your memory location for your "regular" non-tilt sideview mirror position. At least, I did.
3. The system ultimately works a bit different than I expected. Here's how it works after calibration:
A. Put vehicle in reverse.
B. Press the button for the mirror you want to tilt. Choose one. You don't get both.
C. That mirror tilts down. Congrats.
D. Put vehicle back in park. After about 10 seconds, the mirror will return to its normal position. At first you will think the mirror is not returning. Wait the 10 seconds. It will go back.

So in my head, I had hoped it would work this way:
A. Put vehicle in reverse
B. Both mirrors tilt down
C. Put vehicle in park. Both mirrors go back to normal.

But that's not what we got. So set your expectations right and you'll have a better experience setting the reverse tilt. It does help, even though it leaves something to be desired.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reverse tilt mirrors is tricky. Not because it's hard to implement in Forscan. It's just as easy as everything else to make the change. But once you make the change keep two things in mind:
1. You must then follow the calibration steps (linked in the Forscan sheet) exactly. Once for each mirror.
2. After you follow the calibration steps, you may need to reset your memory location for your "regular" non-tilt sideview mirror position. At least, I did.
3. The system ultimately works a bit different than I expected. Here's how it works after calibration:
B. Press the button for the mirror you want to tilt. Choose one. You don't get both.
D. Put vehicle back in park. After about 10 seconds, the mirror will return to its normal position. At first you will think the mirror is not returning. Wait the 10 seconds. It will go back.

But that's not what we got. So set your expectations right and you'll have a better experience setting the reverse tilt. It does help, even though it leaves something to be desired.

Thanks for the heads up on how it works! I was expecting the same as you were. My wifes Grand Cherokee allows you to set them up on the regular settings on the dash screen. Both mirrors tilt down as soon as you put it in reverse and if you go into neutral,drive or park they instantly return back to normal

For her this setup works great, when I drive it I dont like it because I would have to set the mirrors to my liking and then switch them back to her liking. I`m going to see if it works when you set up one of the three preset driver settings

It would be nice to have the Raptor that way, but pressing one button is not all that hard.. Thanks again for heads up.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. I’m sure you’ve already read this, Definitely back up your existing format incase you need to set back to original. Although, I do recall reading a thread here where another member found a way to look up all the original settings on the Ford web site.

I just might give it a go, as far as backing up you existing format is that a option that is asked when you start Forscan? or do you have to do it another way?

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just might give it a go, as far as backing up you existing format is that a option that is asked when you start Forscan? or do you have to do it another way?

You will need to do it manually, like most everything in Forscan. There is a video linked in the tutorial document that explains it well. Essentially, connect to vehicle, click modules tab, load each module that says AS-BUILT FORMAT next to it (load one at a time by dejecting the module and clicking “play button arrow”). Click save all. Give it a file name (module name-original.abt is recommended). Then exit that module (stop button) and repeat for all modules. It’s the longest most tedious task you’ll ever complete in Forscan. Takes 15 minutes or so. But you don’t want to skip it.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank you. I’m going to try this again, I’ll be curious to see if this works as I’ve already tried once and didn’t change the settings back to the original format.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I LOVE the double honk, it's such a great feature! It's not annoying at all.