Help with DRL - Parking Lights only Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
I have what you want on my truck (2018), but I also have the turn signals. Try this and see it turns off the low lamps:

726-45-01 xxxx 7FXX xxxx This enables all DRL choices
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx This includes the parking lamps
726-50-01 08xx This make the DRL the turn signals (plus the parking lights you added with the other code)

The brightness thing doesn't do anything, change it back to stock.
Currently
7F01
017F < oddly this did not change. Said it was a checksum error after changing it in the post above. Strange.
Cycled power, tried again, and just changing to 08 updated the value to 0886. Turned truck on, put in drive, activated DRL, and the turn signal came on with the parking lights, but the low beams remain on as well.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Okay, final update from this session:
  1. I set up a mirror in front of my truck so I could put it in drive and disable/enable DRLs in the cluster to test the behavior both ways. In every scenario, DRLs off turned them all off.
  2. I loaded the AB data for BdyCM from the file I downloaded from Ford. I'm not sure this took, as I still had 5 flashes, autostart was still disabled, etc.
    1. 726-50-01 08xx, when written becomes 0886 (parking+turns+lowbeam)
    2. 726-50-01 01XX becomes 017F when written (parking+lowbeam)
    3. It is not possible to manually edit this value to 018E, it just gives a checksum error then reverts to 017F on write
  3. If I go into the non ASBUILT section with the friendly name UI, I see this for DRL Config:
    1. 0yVdWra.png
  4. I have set this to a few different options and still have low beams. If someone has parking lights only and can look in this section and let me know what they have here that might help.
Otherwise I am open to ideas.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Otherwise I am open to ideas.
Damn this sucks all the trouble you are having. If I’m being honest the parking lights being on are so faint that it is just about not worth the effort. It bothered me so I ended up getting the morimoto headlights that have a super bright orange halo. Granted not many will spend the coin for that but it was worth it to me. Pic for reference.

C5113D1D-956A-41B7-82A4-C7BA541E0ED3.jpeg

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Damn this sucks all the trouble you are having. If I’m being honest the parking lights being on are so faint that it is just about not worth the effort. It bothered me so I ended up getting the morimoto headlights that have a super bright orange halo. Granted not many will spend the coin for that but it was worth it to me. Pic for reference.
I like the subtlety, but I would like to be able to decide between parks w/w/o turn signals as well as being able to just turn them off all together. Had Morimoto on my Gen 1 and I liked the appearance but I want to keep the factory lights for now on my Gen 2.

I just wish I could turn off the low beams.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wish I could turn off the low beams.

What do you have for 726-29-02? Should be x0xx xxxx xxxx

In the screenshot you posted it is 0100. Try making it x0xx, reboot, turn DRLs on in the dash settings.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Alright boys, it's official. I don't think this is happening on my 2017 802a w/ factory LEDs.

I've been everywhere that I can find, including forscan forum and this post:
Got me going through the options. Truck in Neutral, turning on and off in IPC every setting using a reflection to monitor changes.

1. I went through every setting on the spreadsheet for:
  2. 726-29-02
  3. 726-50-01
    1. Noting that this requires 726-45-01 to be at allow all DRL choices=7F, I confirmed then tried:
      1. 108E
      2. 017F
      3. 0280
      4. 0482
      5. 0886
      6. 209E
      7. 40BE
    2. All settings updated as expected aside from the options I don't have such as fog lights. I also didn't bother to visually verify that high beams got brighter. I just know that every option either had all lights off, or low beams plus some combo of park lights off, turns on.
  4. Also tried every combo on Headlights-Draft tab of the spreadsheet
At this point I'm pretty confident that parking lights or park+turn without low beam is not possible on a 2017 802a. Thank you all for staying with me so far. I left it at lowbeam+parking lights if I ever want to turn them on, but for now these are off in the IPC. I appreciate the help anyway.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
What do you have for 726-29-02? Should be x0xx xxxx xxxx

In the screenshot you posted it is 0100. Try making it x0xx, reboot, turn DRLs on in the dash settings.
726-29-02x*xxxxxxxxxxDRL Position Lamp Cfg: 0=DRL_Only, 1=DRL_Position, 2=Fixed DRL Position, 3=Stop Turn
726-29-02****xxxxxxxxFront Turn Position Lamps Cfg: 0=Turn_Only, 1=Turn_Position
726-29-02xxxxx*xxxxxxPark Lamps Body Cfg: 0=Position_Only, 1=Stop_Only

Sorry, I made my update after you. I tried every combo shown above. 0001, 0101, 0000, 0100, 0200, 0201, 0300, 0301. I was tired of going out so I decided to go through all of them just now.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the DRL come on in neutral? I would test with it in drive. Also, Have you still not been able to load the factory AB over wifi?

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
They do, but I also tried Drive to verify the behavior. I was unable to load it over wifi but I did have the .ab file form motorcraftservice.net.