Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Help with blend door actuator

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Justimm, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Justimm

Justimm Member

Yesterday I replaced the drivers side blend door actuator. Now, when I first turn on truck, drivers side blows very hot air. I can put the temp up to 90, then hit the max cold button, then drivers side starts blowing cold like it’s supposed to. I tried pullling the #15 fuse for a couple of minutes, then putting it back, turned the key to on for a minute or so like “procedure” says to reset it, but still does the same thing.. It’s a 2010 if that matters

2. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

The passenger side blend door actuator on my 2011 is failing, so I am also interested in responses to this thread.

3. Justimm

Justimm Member

I actually went in and removed the new one, turned my ignition on, reached under there and made sure door was where I wanted it to be. I put the new one back in, then did the “calibration” and it seems to be good now

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  4. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Glad we could help!! ;)

Justimm likes this.
  5. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

I thought that you had to remove the entire dashboard to get to the blend door actuators. No???

@Justimm would you be willing to post a how-to?

Justimm likes this.
  6. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

There are shortcuts. Google "f150 blend door replacement forum". Depending on which one your doing it can be a pretty quick job.

Justimm and Ruger like this.
  7. Justimm

Justimm Member

It’s not pretty, but what I did was pull back the carpet, remove the trim on both sides of center console, loosen screws around ac cage. I then got my handy dandy sawzall and cut the flared end off of the passenger side floor vent. I then took a crow bar and pushed down on the duct so I could pull the actuator straight out the side. No very professional, but I didn’t have to loosen dash to get it out and it took me no time to swap it out. That’s the hardest one to do.. the other 3 are fairly easy to get to