GEN 1 Help with backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_7328[9723].jpg
Guys, I need some direction on a cause/fix for my bumper flush mounts. I did this to my 2010 and it worked perfectly. I now have a 2014 and installed these over the weekend. I wired them directly to my reverse lights, right side worked but when I did the left side it cut off all 4 lights after turning off the ignition and unplugging one of the installed lights the 3, (2 tails, 1 bumper) worked again. I even tried to pigtail them to 1 tail light and got the same result. I don't want to have to run wires to an upfitter but may have to unless I can figure it out. what am i missing?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i ran into an issue where there was a manufacturer defect and the wires were backwards. and another issue where the light was bad. fuse the light in question and see if reversing the wires solves it. if not, then the light might be bad

OP
OP
mwaite09

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Busa, I will try that, Both lights do work when they are not tied together. If I unplug the right the left works and visa versa