Help with aftermarket head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an 800a raptor, with the baby 4.2 screen and regular sync, and I see that PAC makes a bezel to fit a double din head unit while keeping my manual a/c knobs which I like. My question is has anyone found a head unit that pretty much allows me to keep all the OEM features like the OEM USB, and steering wheel controls, voice command. I’ve been following the Phoenix thread but overall it seems like it’s still up in the air whether it’s worth it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
now a days, the radio is part of the trucks major systems and is integrated into the can-bus. It is very difficult to replace the factory head unit, regardless of trim level. Good luck.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In previous vehicle I swapped out the head unit....I will never do that again...at least not in a vehicle where the head unit is so integrated. It goes beyond just steering wheel controls.