help with 3 inch lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You must add springs to front AND REAR in order to run 37s. I had Gesiers up front l and Icon in the rear. Will be switching the rear to Deavers soon. You will also NEED TO DO the pinch weld mod to run 37s. You do NOT need to install Fox or King to run 37s.

Here is my build thread. Kings are currently going on so not in there yet.

Thread 'Nex Gen 2 Build' https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/nex-gen-2-build.86192/

Again for light off roading and street use, I would just run the SDI set up.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m running Geisers springs up front Deavers +3HD’s in the rear, SVC upper control arms and SVC tie rods. I’m also on a -12 offset rim and running 37 BFG KM3’s did trim wheel wells and used heat gun to mold wheel well liners farther away from tires. Haven’t done the pinch weld mod yet watching to see how much rubbing I get. I do a limited amount of off-roading around our ranch nothing too severe and all pretty much at low speed. So as @Nex said depends on your use what set up will work the best for you. Good luck.

eRicRic

Reaction score
I think the hard thing with giving any advice on this is that there's a question behind the question, and that will (largely) determine the answer.

Raptors are special performance trucks. They are designed to do Raptor things, even though a good number of Raptor owners never (or hardly ever) do Raptor things with their trucks.

If you want 37's for looks and appearance purposes, and don't plan to ever fully utilize the suspension (with potentially grave consequences if you do), then it is easy to get to 37's. A 2.25 perch collar (e.g. the RPG https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/raptor-coil-spring-perch-collar-3/) will get you to 37's with a little rubbing when turning and severe problems at full articulation, but for the grocery store it will look nice. But if you ever fully compress your suspension you'll rip your fenders right off, shred your tires, and have a major repair bill.

But if you want 37's for performance purposes, you'll need to think about your entire suspension and powertrain setup. You'll need to consider the effect of taller tires on gearing and the effect of the bigger tires on the moment of inertia. You'll need to look at the functional aspects of the suspension. "Lifting" like you would do on a non-performance truck can often negatively impact the Raptor's off road handling. You may be better getting a standard F150 and putting a Raptor grill on it if you just want the looks.

Fox Factory Race Series 3.0's have adjustability, but it's not the cheapest way. As others have mentioned, you'll get more performance from upgrading your 2018 shocks to 2019-2020 Fox live valve shocks with the SDI eClick performance module. You could use after market spring like Geiser or Eibach, or a perch collar to increase the front height, and aftermarket rear leaf springs like Icons or Deavers, to raise the rear. You could also consider rear bump stocks for the rear. At a minimum, you'd need to take care of the pinch welds and possibly remold your liners; to be certain you'd want to consider after market glass +2 fenders and bedsides. You also need to be careful of wheel offset (if you go after market). There's just not a lot of extra room. Ford engineers have done a great job taking advantage of every inch leaving very low tolerances for messing around.

Like @Nex and others have said, you really need to start with why you want 37's and how you expect them to benefit you. Considering how you'll drive the truck will determine your course of action. You can spend a lot of money and achieve significant performance increases on your truck and never get to 37's, or you can easily get to 37's knowing that a trip down a dirt road could screw you up badly.

OP
OP
oscargarcia1158
Reaction score
I think the hard thing with giving any advice on this is that there's a question behind the question, and that will (largely) determine the answer.

Raptors are special performance trucks. They are designed to do Raptor things, even though a good number of Raptor owners never (or hardly ever) do Raptor things with their trucks.

If you want 37's for looks and appearance purposes, and don't plan to ever fully utilize the suspension (with potentially grave consequences if you do), then it is easy to get to 37's. A 2.25 perch collar (e.g. the RPG https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/raptor-coil-spring-perch-collar-3/) will get you to 37's with a little rubbing when turning and severe problems at full articulation, but for the grocery store it will look nice. But if you ever fully compress your suspension you'll rip your fenders right off, shred your tires, and have a major repair bill.

But if you want 37's for performance purposes, you'll need to think about your entire suspension and powertrain setup. You'll need to consider the effect of taller tires on gearing and the effect of the bigger tires on the moment of inertia. You'll need to look at the functional aspects of the suspension. "Lifting" like you would do on a non-performance truck can often negatively impact the Raptor's off road handling. You may be better getting a standard F150 and putting a Raptor grill on it if you just want the looks.

Fox Factory Race Series 3.0's have adjustability, but it's not the cheapest way. As others have mentioned, you'll get more performance from upgrading your 2018 shocks to 2019-2020 Fox live valve shocks with the SDI eClick performance module. You could use after market spring like Geiser or Eibach, or a perch collar to increase the front height, and aftermarket rear leaf springs like Icons or Deavers, to raise the rear. You could also consider rear bump stocks for the rear. At a minimum, you'd need to take care of the pinch welds and possibly remold your liners; to be certain you'd want to consider after market glass +2 fenders and bedsides. You also need to be careful of wheel offset (if you go after market). There's just not a lot of extra room. Ford engineers have done a great job taking advantage of every inch leaving very low tolerances for messing around.

Like @Nex and others have said, you really need to start with why you want 37's and how you expect them to benefit you. Considering how you'll drive the truck will determine your course of action. You can spend a lot of money and achieve significant performance increases on your truck and never get to 37's, or you can easily get to 37's knowing that a trip down a dirt road could screw you up badly.
Thanks alot for taking your time and explaining everything! Im very confident what i want to do it it. After reading this, i will stick with km3 35 inch. I end up ordering the 2.5 eibach coils as well for the front. Now, im just debating the wheels size.. i found some venomrex but 17x9 but are 0 offset.