Help!!! W.O.T. rattle/noise at 5200 rpm, Second Lemon Law

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Throw some higher octane fuel in it and see if it replicates. Run it down to e and put 5 gallons of a quality fuel in it. I hope that fuel quality is your issue!! 2 in a row is inexcusable

OP
OP
W

Westy737

Reaction score
Throw some higher octane fuel in it and see if it replicates. Run it down to e and put 5 gallons of a quality fuel in it. I hope that fuel quality is your issue!! 2 in a row is inexcusable

I thought about that, but Chevron 91 octane is the best I can buy day to day. Do I have Sunoco 98 octane unleaded non ethanol in my garage - yes. I’m not putting $11/gallon gas in a 13 mpg truck day to day. Would rule out the detonation question. Others don’t seem to have a problem with Kalifornia shit gas. Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone needs to CALM DOWN. A "Lemon" isn't a vehicle that has a single issue that a ****** dealership can't repair due to incompetence; CA lemon law is insane. If you experience a grind/rattle under WOT in any 4WD F-150 that goes away when in 4WD, it is absolutely 100% the IWEs (Integrated Wheel Ends). The system relies on vacuum to keep the hubs disengaged from the axles in 2WD...as soon as vacuum drops for more than a few seconds under heavy throttle and a vacuum leak is present, the hubs will start to engage. It would take hundreds of occurrences to cause damage, but I agree that it's certainly undesirable. There are only so many possible causes...base engine (lack of vacuum, not going to happen without engine performance issues), bad vacuum check valve (literally a $2 part), or a vacuum leak between the check valve and the wheel ends. If your dealer technician can't repair that, find a new dealer. And if they can't fix it, request a Ford corporate employee, which in this case would be an FSE (Field Service Engineer).

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lemon Law is not quite that easy. For fear of ******** my current problem, I will not elaborate. Let's see what happens at the new dealership. So far, they have impressed me with their professionalism. fingers crossed

What is your current issue? Perhaps I can assist.

OP
OP
W

Westy737

Reaction score
Everyone needs to CALM DOWN. A "Lemon" isn't a vehicle that has a single issue that a ****** dealership can't repair due to incompetence; CA lemon law is insane. If you experience a grind/rattle under WOT in any 4WD F-150 that goes away when in 4WD, it is absolutely 100% the IWEs (Integrated Wheel Ends). The system relies on vacuum to keep the hubs disengaged from the axles in 2WD...as soon as vacuum drops for more than a few seconds under heavy throttle and a vacuum leak is present, the hubs will start to engage. It would take hundreds of occurrences to cause damage, but I agree that it's certainly undesirable. There are only so many possible causes...base engine (lack of vacuum, not going to happen without engine performance issues), bad vacuum check valve (literally a $2 part), or a vacuum leak between the check valve and the wheel ends. If your dealer technician can't repair that, find a new dealer. And if they can't fix it, request a Ford corporate employee, which in this case would be an FSE (Field Service Engineer).

Fordtechone-Thanks for the input! However, the last ford dealership replaced everything in my 2018 vacuum system to include IWE’s TWICE, and it did not fix it. The FSE was involved throughout most of the 60 days. After 60 days, I was told they have no idea, and do what I have to do ie lemon-law. The FSE has been working on my 2019 now with no luck. 2 trucks with the same problem that can’t be fixed?!?! I have high hopes that the new dealership will fix my truck. I love my 2019 Raptor, but it can’t sound like it does. Unacceptable!

OP
OP
W

Westy737

Reaction score
Well.......... I just got word from Ford Engineering, and they say the noise is normal. So Ford bought back my 2018 because of the noise and now say that it is normal for my 2019. What the Hell?