(Help) Truck kinda rear ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V_K

Reaction score
Hi guys. My truck was parked in front of my house and my neighbor accidentally stepped on the gas pedal thinking he was in drive and it uitimately hit my truck’s rear. I will post photos for you to look at. He is quite elderly and I was thinking that of just ordering the parts from tasca and getting the bumper painted from a body shop and doing it myself.

I’m not sure if I would need to replace the hitch or not. Please help me understand if I need this. The bumper is kind of bent inwards towards where it mounts on the hitch. However, I don’t think that I would need to order a new hitch since it does look fine I guess.

I just wanted to know, is it easy to replace the bumper on your own?? The parts I plan on to replace myself are:

- the plastic step pad
- bumper
- one sensor
- maybe the hitch (I’m not sure, please help me understand) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

the damage could have been much worse. My weather tech bumper protector did an amazing job minimizing as much damage as possible…. Thanks in advance.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Estimates are free, go to a couple of body shops and get some quotes, show the old man and get cash, order the parts yourself, get the bumper painted and install what you need. If you have any money left over, and you feel generous, hand him a bag of cash back.

OP
OP
V

V_K

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the bumper mounted to the hitch frame. I’m not sure if this is the way it’s supposed to look. I have attached the passenger side (damaged bumper part) and the driver side for comparison. Does this look right?

Attachments

• 351B8FF5-B04C-4D36-9EBB-B5E5E3807D64.jpeg
    351B8FF5-B04C-4D36-9EBB-B5E5E3807D64.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 3CFD7010-EB7C-4CEB-B0B4-5DAB27E8F574.jpeg
    3CFD7010-EB7C-4CEB-B0B4-5DAB27E8F574.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 82

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I went through this a few years ago. Found a used bumper on craigslist. There was a flat-ish piece of metal attached to the top of the hitch that I had to hammer back flat, it's less than 1/8" thick, no biggie. The plastic step piece in the middle slides over and covers it. Your pics look okay to me. There is some adjustment built into the bumper bolts to get everything lined back up.