Help treypal fix all of his Rapturd issues before the Raptor run!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine told me $750 for the 30k mile tune up. I laughed. He had it down for transmission and coolant change. According to the manual the trans should be done at 60k and the coolant not till after 100k. "Just change the oil, rotate the tires and do your damn 21 point inspection."

My wife's Cadillac has free service on it. Its amazing how long they wait to do that maintenance when its on their dime. They wont change your oil unless you are at 10% or less on the meter thing in the cluster. Trans fluid, "Sir, that's not required until 75k miles, we can do it now but will charge you for it." lol Dealerships are rip offs.

I have no problem with going to the Dealer. Took my Amsoil and pan to them to do the tranny. Labor was not bad--maybe 25 bucks more but NBD. If I was not putting on a new pan it would just go to the oil and lube center I use.

My fluid change schedule is a little more frequent that what the manual has. Example --- oh sjit it is over a year old now!!!! So--------tomorrow the old anti freeze will be drained at the lube center and water with flush added----then will drive home where it will be drained-----filled again from the hose and driven for about 10 minutes up and down 26----drain again and repeat. Now when drained will watch for soap and bubbles from the flush and if clear fill with distilled water and drive for 10 minutes----drain that and fill with CAT ELC Pre Mixed Fluid!!

Yes I am funny about this stuff but my equipment always runs like a swiss watch and part of that is because of the way I take care of it!!

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with going to the Dealer. Took my Amsoil and pan to them to do the tranny. Labor was not bad--maybe 25 bucks more but NBD. If I was not putting on a new pan it would just go to the oil and lube center I use.

QUOTE]

What pan did you use and what amsoil product?