Help: Topper 3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanhack

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
owner of a Raptor 2022 silver, and based in Dubai. Just installed a RLD Canopy (topper in the US), and need to connect the 3rd brake light, I have read that tapping into the positive of actual brake bulb will result in 3rd brake light flashing with turn signals, using the trailer plug will cause the truck to sense a trailer is connected which is not ideal.

Read that previous raptor had a capped 3rd brake light wire around the brake resevoir harness, or maybe it was other F150 platforms, anyhow could not find anything then some F150 owners have found purple/white wire around the driver footwell, just above the hood latch behind the triim panel, but I unplugged the 2 connectors, and pressed the brake pedal, when either of the 2 disconnected, the 3rd brake light came on......

Any ideas, I have been looking at other topper manufacturers, such as LEER, ARE and RSI Smartcap, which dont have a solution.

OP
OP
V

vanhack

Reaction score
I guess no one else came across this issue. Where can I get wiring diagrams and locations of wiring loom connectors to search for a tap.