Help! Svc intercooler, turbosmart bov, bbk black 73mm throttle body and full race throttle body spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
Any update? Mine just threw P2282 after MPT tune upload. I can hear what sounds like an exhaust leak (pulsing whoosh) coming from the BOV area. I have Turbosmart BOV and BBK throttle body too. Ill probably drop the skid plate + intake foam cover and check all the plumbing this afternoon.
Same codes mine threw. I had a leak in my plumbing. Everything got tightened up and now it’s perfect. I did take the bbk off. I’d still like to run it when I get a tuner.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same codes mine threw. I had a leak in my plumbing. Everything got tightened up and now it’s perfect. I did take the bbk off. I’d still like to run it when I get a tuner.
Do you know which fitting was leaking? Turbo piping or vacuum leak?

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the leak - BOV twisted just enough to cause a leak. Tightened the bracket, cleared the code and took her for a ride. No codes so far!

b_weav1023

Reaction score
I’d like to add a Turbosmart BOV to my SVC intercooler. Just can’t find any info on mounting the BOV other than “pressure” keeping it in place. Any ideas?

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to add a Turbosmart BOV to my SVC intercooler. Just can’t find any info on mounting the BOV other than “pressure” keeping it in place. Any ideas?
You looking at the Supersonic BOV or the Vee BOV? My Supersonic BOV comes with at (crude) bracket that seams to (partially) prevent the BOV from twisting out of the ****.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-06 115927.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-06 115927.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2022-04-06 120013.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-06 120013.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 13

b_weav1023

Reaction score
I’m thinking the Supersonic as it appears to be mechanical. I have a Boomba installed now but I’d like to go a more legitimate route. My only concern other than proper mounting was the process to swap the OEM BOV out for the new Turbosmart. I didn’t do the install on the FMIC since I bought the truck used with it already installed. So I’m worried about getting lines, etc mixed up somehow.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill have to get back under the truck this week as I can hear the BOV leaking again - Ill take some photos of the setup. Though the Supersonic has an anti-rotation tab mechanically fastened too the BOV body and the plumbing, its not properly designed to take the eccentric load of the BOV twisting. In the future, I see this as a regular maintenance issue for me...until I have enough and reinstall the stock BOV :rolleyes: