Help! Svc intercooler, turbosmart bov, bbk black 73mm throttle body and full race throttle body spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wes127

Reaction score
So I probably should not have done this myself but didn’t seem like too hard of a job, after seeing peoples reviews and reading threads on here.
I put on an Svc intercooler, turbosmart bov, bbk black 73mm throttle body and full race throttle body spacer.
My truck is now throwing a check engine light and after a short drive to test it’s now not creating boost.

Any info and help would be amazing!

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to grab a code reader today and see what’s the issue is.

What’s a curtain motor?

SVC did my install but I know there a curtain motor that opens and closes the curtains in front of the radiator (removed for intercooler install) and these can sometimes cause a “blocked “ code of some sort.

I’m not sure if that motor needs to stay or go. Maybe someone else will chime in

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are getting no boost then either a intercooler pipe, the bov is most likely to blame. recheck all hose connections. The bov is in the svc intercooler which isn’t easy to get to but double check that as well.

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
If you are getting no boost then either a intercooler pipe, the bov is most likely to blame. recheck all hose connections. The bov is in the svc intercooler which isn’t easy to get to but double check that as well.
Thank you. I have the front end still apart to be able to figure this out. Do you have any experience with the bbk throttle body? I’m wondering it that could be it.

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
SVC did my install but I know there a curtain motor that opens and closes the curtains in front of the radiator (removed for intercooler install) and these can sometimes cause a “blocked “ code of some sort.

I’m not sure if that motor needs to stay or go. Maybe someone else will chime in
Thank you. I’ll have to look into it. In the instructions from svc it doesn’t say anything needs to be done with that connector..
there are a few connectors that just get zip tied up out of the way..

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
Code reader is bringing up a P0073 and P2282

P0073 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High input

P2282 engine control module (ECM) monitoring the vacuum in the intake manifold at idle

Any clue what those could be from?