HELP- Removing Front License Plate Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorPapi

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Before you give me a hard time, I know that removing the front plate can be pretty easy...but the dealership installed this front plate holder with metal...rivets...

I called them and told them no front plate and they still did it, which is so annoying. I've tried playing around with the bumper but those rivets are super tight and since they're metal, the usual flat head screwdriver method is futile.

Before I take it into a shop, can anyone here help me out on a safe DIY methodology?

Thanks in advance!
JG

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Use a drill bit to remove rivets. A bit just a bit bigger than the hole in the center of the rivet should work fine. Lots of Youtube videos that demonstrate this.

Last edited:

hellohithere

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Before you give me a hard time, I know that removing the front plate can be pretty easy...but the dealership installed this front plate holder with metal...rivets...

I called them and told them no front plate and they still did it, which is so annoying. I've tried playing around with the bumper but those rivets are super tight and since they're metal, the usual flat head screwdriver method is futile.

Before I take it into a shop, can anyone here help me out on a safe DIY methodology?

Thanks in advance!
JG

@RaptorPapi, I'm in the same situation. Did you ever figure out how to remove the metal rivets?