Help!!Rattle/plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have developed what sounds like a plastic squeak when going over rough roads. Its somewhere around the drivers side rear door. I have removed the weather strip, B pillar and plastic pannel covering the drivers seat belt. Ive had my hands all around the twin panel sunroof in the rear as well. I cant find this rattle at all and im pretty good at finding them. This is the first ine thats stumped me. With everything removed it definately appears to be coming from the top part of the door or roof. Ive read a couple ppl with this issue on a raptor and a regular 2016 f150. Would love a solution from you guys.

ROYSKY

Reaction score
I have the same issue !! And need someone to advise. However I found something today. I lifted the rear seat on driver side and there was some box link lock accessory packaged and kept there. Took that off and now no sound when jumping over bumps . But still rattling on rear door driver side. look forward to suggestions !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a rattle that comes and goes on the driver side, and its the black plastic cover hiding the mirror bolts.

OP
OP
C

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I even had wife driving with all that off and cracked the door open. Still made the tapping noise

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

This is in the rear

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I had my first rattle by the passenger b-pillar today, remembered I had put some tools in the centre console....sure enough that was it.
Amazing how sound can travel and trick ya.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not certain if the GEN 2 is the same but I had the most annoying ticking/tapping noise on mine. It turned out to be the plastic cover. The adhesive gave way in a few spots by the lock causing the tapping noise. I pressed it back on and added a little double sided tape in spots. It cured my tapping noise. It's the black sheet in this pic.

Attachments

• Ford-F-150.JPG
    Ford-F-150.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 88