Help - Raptor Ordering Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87MJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a '13 a couple of weeks ago from a small local dealer.

They had a '12 in stock and a '13 on order that was a "dealer allocation". Then they have my order.

Does anyone know how "allocation" works? Does it mean they need to sell the in stock '12 and/or the '13 they have on order before they can order mine?

Does the fact that they have a '13 allocation on order delay my order in any way?

I dont understand what allocation means but my understanding is they only are able to get so many at one time. So if mine means they have 3 in stock, i need to wait until the previous two sell first. Before they can order mine. Right?

So in other words, do I have 8 weeks to wait or 6 months? My tahoe is giving me a headache. Plus I just bought a stubby antenna and it should be arriving any day.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may or may not clear things up for you.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f4/ordering-system-part-i-12351/

Allocation

Allocation determines who gets the units for that build week. The way allocation is split is based on sales and availability. They don't count equally; I think sales factor 60% and availability 40%.

The region likes to call it turn and earn. The more you sell and fewer you have, the more you get. So if you've got lots of units on the ground and haven't been selling them, you won't get many new allocations. If you have none because you sold them all you should get a good number allocated.

This information doesn't help a customer much, as you really can't tell what dealers will get allocation. Larger dealers will get more allocation, but will have more orders also, so that doesn't mean faster scheduling.

Generally most dealers are in similar situations and wait times will be similar. There are exceptions to this. For example 1999 Super Duties were hard to get, but we had plenty of them as in a rural community we've always sold lots of HD trucks. The sales history helped us and hurt the city dealers. This will hurt us the other way when the new Mustang comes out, as I don't sell many normally, I'll have a harder time getting them.

Now this system ends up with leftovers as not every dealer is earning exact allocation. The leftovers are used to get allocation to dealers that have retail orders and didn't earn (or earn enough) allocation to schedule them.