Help please - Gen2, code C0051-86

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdkturbo

Reaction score
I have had the Raptor (2019) for 3 months and Maxwell Ford in Texas sold it to me with several problems: multiple DTC's, windshield wipers that did not work properly and a large play on the steering wheel.
Taking advantage of the 3-month warranty (“Ford Blue Advantage Blue Certified vehicle”), I took it to Midway Miami: after two weeks they fixed the steering wheel, but not the errors or the windshield wipers.
I took it to another dealership (Ford of Kendall), they fixed the windshield wipers and changed the gateway module, but one error continues: C0051-86 (steering wheel position sensor)… I don't know what else to do anymore and the warranty expires soon… I can not enjoy my Raptor!!! Do you think it's safe to use it like this, forget about it and install the hundreds of parts I've been buying for it?

OP
OP
C

cdkturbo

Reaction score
Summoning the Master for you. @FordTechOne
Hopefully it's some inactive code that you can erase.
Thank you very much for answering.
I am able to clear the codes EVERY MORNING: the error C0051-86 (Steering wheel position sensor) reappears after a few hours. Error U0146-00 (Lost Communication with Gateway A) returns randomly every few days