Help please 2017 vs 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the 2020 if you can afford it, nothing like the smell of a brand new vehicle. And besides, good resale on used raptors right now.

Joey DeLorenzo

Reaction score
What is your build date? There was a TSB with a calibration update released for vehicles build on or before August 1st 2017 to resolve harsh and delayed shift concerns.

He's not kidding! I just picked up my 2017 from Bozard in St. Augustine, FL after cam phasers and one of the notes was "reprogrammed PCM" truck feels so much smoother shifting Maybe it's placebo, but I checked the repair notes when I got home, after having felt the difference on the 45 minute ride home.

Spinothalamic

Reaction score
Is Ford fixing the cam phasers or is that up to the owner if out of warranty? I’m looking to buy a 2017 with 86k on it. Should I go for it? I’ll try to add a warranty if I can afford it.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is Ford fixing the cam phasers or is that up to the owner if out of warranty? I’m looking to buy a 2017 with 86k on it. Should I go for it? I’ll try to add a warranty if I can afford it.

There’s no recall so if you’re out of warranty you’re likely SOL

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 20 has more shit to go wrong. Just save your money and buy extended warranty and enjoy your awesome truck!

bubb2521

Reaction score
I have a 2020 and while considering selling it, I started thinking “what about Gen 1’s?” I like the truck and like those before me I’ve only had a camera issue. The thing about the gen one I loved is that torque and look. The 2nd gen isn’t the same

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2020 and while considering selling it, I started thinking “what about Gen 1’s?” I like the truck and like those before me I’ve only had a camera issue. The thing about the gen one I loved is that torque and look. The 2nd gen isn’t the same

Not sure what you are referring to...Gen 2 has 80 lb-ft more torque than Gen 1.

I don’t know how anyone could like the look of a Gen 1 better, but at least that’s subjective; to each his own.