GEN 2 Help!! Pinstripes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright y’all, got a little in too deep following a buddy with a Jeep and pin striped the hell out of my truck. Really need help as far as how to treat these to get this out. Should I take it somewhere for paint correction? Should I just say F$&@ it and put a wrap on it?? All suggestions appreciated!

ee43e9861db982bd608c71434320e176.jpg
cbc153bb472c63897cd7f98b7dfb2673.jpg
e2ae938f985a7fab5521ac2b54e2058a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Badges of honor. Where I live, that’s kinda the norm. All depends on what you want. If you’re going to be doing a fair amount of off reading...wait. If you have some deeper gouges, might want to get them fixed. Unless you know what you’re doing, there’s enough there that I’d take it to a pro if you feel compelled to get it fixed.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What scratches, I don't see any scratches. Those Jeeps are skinny little things that go through everything.
I would go to a couple of reputable detailer`s and hear what they have to say. I'm curious on how to get a scratch out of a decal and fender flare, as a former Jeep owner I just left it as it was and plastic for Jeep`s are cheap

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd likely take it somewhere for paint correction and get a quote on clear ppf for the sides if you plan to follow your buddy down similar trails. Full wraps are pricey - not sure I'd go this route unless you plan to wheel it frequently and/or keep the truck a very long time.

ReRun

Reaction score
I did that to a previous truck and started buying the lighter colors afterward, haha.

If you are going to keep wheeling then I’d say run it until you get ready to sell it. Otherwise you may just have to get it done again.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say the graphic is likely toast, not sure about the wheel flare. I've seen some on paint that looked pretty bad, but that a good detailer got out to the point you couldn't see they were ever there. Yours in the paint look like they might just be in the clear-coat.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends how deep scraches are. On the paint if you can't feel them with your finger nail they will all come off. Decals its different story. Its hard to tell how much heat decal can take from the buffer so you have to be really gentle with it and go with least aggressive compounds. Plastic cannot be heated with the buffer same as paint. You have to be more careful with it. Do less passes, stop and wait if you feel becoming hot since plastic heats up faster. I would only feel comfortable to let professional detailer do it. Not the one that has corner wash with $8.99 wash and $39.99 quick buff.