Help-passenger rear window won’t go back up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did they tape it? How did they get it up?
They disconnected the motor and regulator to be able to slide the glass up. They had to tape it to keep the glass up. I stopped by a body shop this evening and got a guy to give me some crash wrap as they were closing. Much more secure! I tried to give him some beer money but he wouldn’t take any.

Desert Dan

Reaction score

I have the same issue, it’s still not fixed as part is not available.
SAME HERE!! Hoping to have the part by July?

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer put the new window motor in today and……that didn’t fix it. He said the switch is bad, as was mentioned here. Allegedly they’ll have the switch tomorrow and get it replaced. I went by the dealer tonight to get my parking lot access card from the truck and of course it was unlocked in the lot.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer put the new window motor in today and……that didn’t fix it. He said the switch is bad, as was mentioned here. Allegedly they’ll have the switch tomorrow and get it replaced. I went by the dealer tonight to get my parking lot access card from the truck and of course it was unlocked in the lot.
That sucks.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called last week that the part is in, haven’t had time to call them back and schedule. But apparently switches are getting made - probably a redesign hopefully.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the old window motor! If its still good, it might save you down the road. lol

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course…no call and the truck isn’t done. Service said they are still waiting on the switch but they weren’t sure what part they actually ordered as the part number says obsolete and something, something, superseded, blah blah.

rp606

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, If you want to pull the master switch i can give you the diagrams. Sounds like the Passenger rear Left is stuck on the "down" position based on @NJ2020. Should be able to pull that pin and roll the window up until the new switch comes in. Looks like a yellow wire @ pin17

View attachment 359210

View attachment 359211
View attachment 359213

Same issue,

to be clear, pull/cut/disconnect yellow wire, then rear window switch should work and be able use to close the window? will the master switch still work for the other windows?

Last edited: