Help-passenger rear window won’t go back up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at the dealer, they said end of July for an appointment. I convinced them to at least take it in back and try to get the glass closed. The service writer said they don’t have loaners and Ford won’t pay for a third party rental car. I understand the shortage of labor but I’m not driving this for 6 weeks like it is. Anyone have a Ford Customer Care contact that can authorize a rental if they can’t get the glass up?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at the dealer, they said end of July for an appointment. I convinced them to at least take it in back and try to get the glass closed. The service writer said they don’t have loaners and Ford won’t pay for a third party rental car. I understand the shortage of labor but I’m not driving this for 6 weeks like it is. Anyone have a Ford Customer Care contact that can authorize a rental if they can’t get the glass up?
I know exactly how you feel, like deja vu. The first time I called to customer experience team they never followed up and closed the case, after about the 4th time calling they finally were able to get me back into the dealer. I can’t imagine what I would have to do to get them to comp a rental.

Like mentioned just hack up that switch, at least my window is up but I still don’t have a real fix and it’s been more than a month.

If you drive on the highway be sure to open the rear glass to stop wind noise. Also let me know if you want tips on window covering..
D1096F50-762F-4D19-BA1B-427CD4EB81F6.jpeg

OP
OP
J

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel, like deja vu. The first time I called to customer experience team they never followed up and closed the case, after about the 4th time calling they finally were able to get me back into the dealer. I can’t imagine what I would have to do to get them to comp a rental.

Like mentioned just hack up that switch, at least my window is up but I still don’t have a real fix and it’s been more than a month.

If you drive on the highway be sure to open the rear glass to stop wind noise. Also let me know if you want tips on window covering..
View attachment 359293
The service writer came in and said it’s the window motor (on national back order of course). He said it was too hot to even touch. I’m skeptical it’s the motor and I’m sure they love hearing people say “well I saw on the forums….”.

They are disconnecting the glass from the regulator and going to try and get the glass to stay up so I can at least drive it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The service writer came in and said it’s the window motor (on national back order of course). He said it was too hot to even touch. I’m skeptical it’s the motor and I’m sure they love hearing people say “well I saw on the forums….”.

They are disconnecting the glass from the regulator and going to try and get the glass to stay up so I can at least drive it.
A lot of times, motors get hot because they are stuck in place and the amperage goes up (amperage/heat is the same correlation), doesn't mean it's the motor or that its not, but to say its the motor because it is hot, is just wrong. They can get the window up, if they can't then they are idiots. Hope they get you fixed up in decent time, regardless.

Sassquatch

Reaction score
@JasonSTL - Had this same issue while on vacation in Florida. Rear window stopped working, of course in the down position. Thankfully found a Ford dealership (Port Richey) to look at it that day.. they tried a few things, couldn't even get the window back up.. but it ended up being the motor itself. Was outta commission for 3-4 days.