Help! Out of Patience. Truck at ford dealer 6 months since April!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
618692DB-CB77-4E22-821B-B91B54EEF629.jpeg82C640AE-BA98-44F3-BF3D-C23DA990C678.jpegI have a 2018 Ford Raptor with 59,000 (dealer wants to keep it to stay under warranty) miles on it and it has been in the shop with Larry H Miller in Mesa for 24 weeks since April. In fairness, some of that time was to replace a steering rack. However I’m out of patience. They are trying to diagnose/fix for a couple years, an extremely loud driveline clunk that has been plaguing the truck for a couple years only in 4wd under heavy throttle while shifting gears. Day to day doesn’t bother me as it’s asymptomatic in 2wd, but I do go with expedition offroad on their long Baja runs and don’t particularly want to be stranded down there. They have already replaced the transfer case 2 times, under warranty with no luck. IWE’s have been replaced at least once. I have a mid long travel H&M kit on it. I have personally paid to have the hubs replaced, RCV stars and shafts rebuilt and replaced ect. They have been supposedly waiting on parts to overhaul the valve body in the transmission for the last month. Foutz motorsports has looked at it and thinks it’s the front diff/locker. Any advice on who I might call at ford to try to get some help? My wife is at her wits end as my daily has been out of commission most the year! She is telling me to go buy a brand new truck of my choice(TRX is her choice), but truly like my truck and have a ton invested into it! Who can I call to for help? Larry H Miller has always taken good care of me but come on 24 weeks?

dave_g

Reaction score
With all the mods on the truck I can not believe the dealer will warranty anything. I would be looking at the front dif- it it only makes noise in 4 wheel drive. Do you have the torsen lock front dif? May be making noise when locking.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe you should be complaining, they are trying to help you out, probably costing them more money than you to have your truck sit on their lot. It takes time to diagnos and do paperwork for warranty. Your truck is beautiful btw. You could always look for a used dif yourself, probably the same on all f150's with the torsen. I get the trying to do warranty before it expires. My dealer did the samething for me, went through and fixed anything they could find. Good luck, you have more patience than I do as well, ha ha.

OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly the dealer has been awesome to work with but I do think I have some ground to stand on to complain when it’s been 6 months this year and 2 months last year. Plus they promised me it would be done and that’s months ago now. Truck hasn’t even been started for months. I know they aren’t working on it. Honestly just want my truck back.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they don't have the components and can't get them, I don't really know what you can say or do. If you really want your truck back, you can go demand to have it back. Just be willing to scrap any and all "warranty" work (though I am clueless as to how they can say you have any warranty with those mods). You'll have to either sell it as is, or take your chances with an independent shop and hope they can actually diagnose, and replace OEM or aftermarket components while keeping the truck serviceable and sellable. Good luck either way, hope it works out in your favor.

Mars911red

Reaction score
Can you buy an extended warranty from them to cover this if it goes over? THat might be a work around, but if it has an issue and you drive it, they might still say it's your fault. Why don't you buy the TRX and get that bird in the hand, then get your truck and you end up with two. Win-Win You need to strike while the iron is hot on the TRX or another Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They ordered parts that just got in. They let me take the truck home about a month ago. It will go back to the dealer the 22 of February and will honor the warranty.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the mods on the truck I can not believe the dealer will warranty anything. I would be looking at the front dif- it it only makes noise in 4 wheel drive. Do you have the torsen lock front dif? May be making noise when locking.
I have an idea. Refinance the truck with your credit union and buy a service contract! They alway have them!