Help! New to me 2019 won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Harshaw

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 yesterday from a third party. I tried to activate Ford Pass and now the truck won't start. The electronics come on and the engine will click, but not turn over. It got pretty cold last night so I thought maybe the battery was drained. Tried jumping the truck, but that didn't help. I took the battery over to NAPA for testing and they said it's good. My only conclusion is somehow with the FordPass activation, it locked down the motor and won't let it start. Thoughts? What should I do? I called the local Ford dealership and they said to have it towed to them

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that’s really odd... I have ’17 and had no problems with Fordpass. Now, I had all manner of problems with my ’20 Lincoln and their app. I’ll bet I deleted / added it a dozen times and it was still giving me trouble 2 months into it. I finally stopped trying about last March or April and as of about a month ago it was able to start / stop the vehicle remotely, etc.

Still, I’ve never heard of it disabling a vehicle before !

You, sir are an “achiever” ;-)