Help - New tire ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

My truck drives like ****. Pretty sure a tow f'd up my tires.

Time for new ones.

I can't get the same TOYOs because everything is out of stock due to this covid BS

Any ideas for some rubbers without a crazy amount of tred that will still look good?
3.jpg
2.jpg

2.jpg

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Two options for you might be the BFG KO2's but reviews are all over the place on these so check out the Fauken Wild Peak A/T3W's they get some really good reviews and they look really good too.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had both the toyo RT and the nitto ridge grappler. good tires, but it didn't take long with these big heavy trucks for them to wear the big sidewall of a 37 and start riding like crap

I just put a set of General Grabber ATXs on and they are great. The ride is much smoother and although they are an AT they have a better looking sidewall than say the BFG (IMO). They are also about 10# lighter per tire than either the nitto or the toyo. so that should help out a lot.

I was quoted a month of so wait, but discount tire had them in in under two weeks. I heard that continental is manufacturing them this month, so I would get on them quick.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would recommend trail or ridge grapplers, i currently am running mud grapplers, which i would only recommend if you can deal with ALOT of road noise, especially highway... the trail grapplers are nearly as aggressive looking but are much quieter, Nitto says like 33% quieter, relative to the mud grapplers, night and day difference... you can have a conversation with someone in the backseat with the trail grapplers, not so much with the mud grapplers, anyone in the backseat is just along for the ride....

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just switched from Nitto M/T's to Ridge Grapplers mainly due to the noise level. M/T's were fine but the wife said WAY too noisy. Ridge Grapplers were a good compromise for what I do but will not clean well in mud - not an issue for me. They still make noise but not near at the level of the M/T's and handle well too. I'm happy with them!

Reaction score
I guess It depends on what is in stock?
I have a set of Nokian Rockproofs, damn sexy tires, pretty bomb proof, but soft blocks and not quiet. really made for rocks and mud. they're about as loud as the Toyo M/T, maybe a little quieter if you keep them wearing properly.
can you find any K02's? not as aggressive, but decent in anything except mud, last wicked long and are quiet. - I hate that its a a factory tire that I always like so much.. on my third set.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I really like the looks of the NITTO Recon Grapplers but they are only available in 20" but supposedly coming in 17" sometime in the near future. I put the Falken Wild Peaks a/t3's on my wife's Jeep Cherokee and love the look, softer ride then the rock hard Firestone Destination that it came with. Looking forward to testing them in some Colorado snow. My son put BFG KO2's on his Ram pickup but I'm put off on those due to the mixed reviews. If the Nitto's don't come out in 17" by tax return time I'm most likely going with the Falken's if they prove out in the snow.

judamu

Reaction score
I have some barely used Nitto trail grapplers 315/70/17 I took of mine last week. To go with some ko2’s. Lmk if you’re interested