HELP NEEDED: 2011 raptor snapped axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The carrier should be fine. I've snapped my share of axles and when you pull the cover, it is real obvious if you hurt the ring and pinion or not. Slide a new axle in there and be on your merry way-

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of the lockers (esp the axle spline interface) from those that the dealers are recommending to be replaced. Anyone have any?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'll have to look but i think i might have a few pics on my phone or maybe corey has them on his of my rear axle and carrier let me look and i'll post them up here then they can have something to compare them to at the dealership lol

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

never mind i don't think i took any. i was too busy trying to hurry up and swap them out so @treypal and them could leave they were waiting on me haha

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I am finally back in my Raptor. Picked it up around 3:00, straight to the car wash then back home to reinstall my tune and head to a car show.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
And the problems continue. Even though factory parts were used to fix it, I still have a $4000 bill to pay that should not be a problem at all, no thanks to my 100k warranty that states that the truck has been "modified" and also stated that I will need lawyers to get a copy of the report stating what has been done to the vehicle to cause an axle shaft snapping.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still don't understand this way of thinking on the part of the dealership. Your telling me that the dealership wants to fight with you about payment and fight for your money instead of taking a guaranteed check from the warranty company. I hate hearing this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And the problems continue. Even though factory parts were used to fix it, I still have a $4000 bill to pay that should not be a problem at all, no thanks to my 100k warranty that states that the truck has been "modified" and also stated that I will need lawyers to get a copy of the report stating what has been done to the vehicle to cause an axle shaft snapping.

Didn't they tell you ahead of time that it was or wasn't covered by warranty?

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Aren't you running stock shocks? Seems a bit fishy to me.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Didn't they tell you ahead of time that it was or wasn't covered by warranty?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

Actually College Station ford said it wouldn't so I asked my dealership and they said if I would let them pick it up and work on it, warranty would cover their work.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Aren't you running stock shocks? Seems a bit fishy to me.

Yes, completely stock aside from RPG stage 2. That has nothing to do with the drive line so it can't be the stage 2 kit.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Talked with ESP on the phone and they stated that the "entire truck" has been modified, they found a video of my truck on youtube "jumping and being abused."

That is ********* unless someone took a video of me at one of the events that I don't know about. I then asked them to provide a link as well as a list of the modifications, and they stated they cannot provide that information and I would have to get a lawyer on my side to get that information.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Talked with ESP on the phone and they stated that the "entire truck" has been modified, they found a video of my truck on youtube "jumping and being abused."

That is ********* unless someone took a video of me at one of the events that I don't know about. I then asked them to provide a link as well as a list of the modifications, and they stated they cannot provide that information and I would have to get a lawyer on my side to get that information.

WHAT THE ****?