HELP NEEDED: 2011 raptor snapped axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
When I say OEM parts are gone, I mean GONE. They are currently 2-3 months out. Next option are the RPG chromoly ones but I can't drop that much.

Next problem, my truck is in College Station Texas. It happened at Raptoberfest. My raptor is my daily driver. I'm currently home, 800 miles away in north east Alabama.

Hudlow Axle:

Stated it wouldn't be a problem for ford of college station to ship the broken and intact axle shafts (passenger side snapped, driver is fine) and he could make them in 3-4 days.

Unfortunately he asked for the bearing journal and mine is 1.705. The biggest axle blank he has is 1.62.

If anyone can find 1.700 axle shaft blanks let me know.

Also, College station ford stated it wouldn't be warrantied. I called ford ESP and they said its still under review and hasn't been denied or approved so that sounds fishy.

College station ford said once I got the axle shafts, they would want $2300 to rebuild the axle, (new bearings and install). Everything else in the diff is fine with no damage to the housing. It destroyed the bearings and snapped the axle right at the splines.

Axle shafts are readily available in ford 9.75" 34 splines but the raptor has a wider housing so none of them will fit. This is a c clamp style axle shaft.

Guys I'm desperate now and really need my truck back. If esp won't cover it at college station, my local ford dealership is helping me out and I'll have the truck shipped here.

I would like to get the chrome-moly axles but at this point if warranty doesn't cover it, it would cost $4300 total at college station ford with new axles and a rebuild.

Any suggestions please post below. Thanks guys.

Pics:

y8u2usa3.jpg

asu8u8em.jpg

e8y6uny9.jpg

uzyzydes.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked with outlaw, SDHQ, or H&M? I know they have done some builds where they put the new Currie rear end set up in. It might be worth a shot to see if they wanna sell the old ones.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
^^^ Also Call Camburg, RPG, ADD, all of the acronyms, call every off-road shop you can find. Someone has a complete housing. ReadyLIFT has a Currie in their Raptor so they may have one too.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Don't pay $2300 for the job either. Find a ring and pinon shop in Bryan, College Station area to do it for way less. Odds are they're not going to warranty the work.

Haha LOL Pat did his in front of the barn at the farm.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell for the kinda $$ there talking you could buy a whole Currie F9 full floater set up. I think its right around 3k.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Hell for the kinda $$ there talking you could buy a whole Currie F9 full floater set up. I think its right around 3k.

Yeah so far I've checked with Sdhq but not ready lift. I did check on the Currie full floater and it came out to $5200 the way I wanted it.

And yeah pat snapped his about an hour after me but luckily TMX had one at their shop. The 2010 shaft is different as well as the 2012+ is different.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a couple questions, for my knowledge.

How much are the RPG axles?
How much are the stock axles?
Why do they have to rebuilt your axle?
What all is involved with the axle build?
Shouldn't the new axles slip back in and bolt back up?

Sorry for the noob questions, just curious.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Call Team Ford in Las Vegas and see if they have axles. Largest Raptor dealer in the US.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Just a couple questions, for my knowledge.

How much are the RPG axles?
How much are the stock axles?
Why do they have to rebuilt your axle?
What all is involved with the axle build?
Shouldn't the new axles slip back in and bolt back up?

Sorry for the noob questions, just curious.

RPG axles: 2 weeks out expedited $1800
Stock axles are $200 but are on national back order
New axle shafts and bearings plus a good clean out and inspection of ring and pinion gears, new oil and put the diff cover back on.
And the new axles slide back in and are clamped in with a c clamp right in the diff. Its about a 1-2 hour job.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Call Team Ford in Las Vegas and see if they have axles. Largest Raptor dealer in the US.

They are on national back order, there are none anywhere. I escalated the case to high priority and called the ford main service office. They have checked everywhere.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
What's the part number?

RPG axles: 2 weeks out expedited $1800
Stock axles are $200 but are on national back order
New axle shafts and bearings plus a good clean out and inspection of ring and pinion gears, new oil and put the diff cover back on.
And the new axles slide back in and are clamped in with a c clamp right in the diff. Its about a 1-2 hour job.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

They are on national back order, there are none anywhere. I escalated the case to high priority and called the ford main service office. They have checked everywhere.