Help me spend some money on Gen1 Suspension Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I second the visit to SVC. Their customer service is top notch.

Be real with yourself and ask "what do I expect from the mod and what do I need."
The weak link on the suspension is not the lowers or the shocks, Its the spindle, it can flex and snap.. The next concern is the upper A-Arm that binds and the ****** stock springs.

I had FOX 3.0 DSC F/R with Deavers and 37's etc. Very very capable truck for a daily driver.
Just did a friends truck with rebuilt stock 2.5's with Geiser front springs, Deavers and bumps out back, on 37's... Was amazed at how good it was with the stock 2.5. Its amazing how adding springs and bumps makes such an difference.
I have said this a bunch of times, but tire selection and air pressure are the best improvements you can make. The difference in compliance on a light 37 going from 40lbs to 32lbs is night and day!!

Depending on what you are doing, you don't have to go balls deep with boxed arms and 3.0/3.5 Coilover/Bypass unless you intend to Pre Run with it. That set up works very well if you are planning to run down in Baja a bunch, but overkill on the street.
The look at me factor is high, but super expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20