Help me spend some money on Gen1 Suspension Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigH2OChief

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t want to be that guy who doesn’t use the search function, so I did… and I’ve accumulated lots of information from any threads which was super helpful. But too much info has led to indecisiveness.

Here’s what I got going… On my 2013 SCAB, I want to replace front & rear shocks, add Deavers and Bump Stops. Truck runs 90% on pavement / 10% off-road (only because work gets in the way of play). I don’t run super hard and fast as I have a Cap on the back and usually roll with three adult Huskys in the cab with me. Tossing them around gets super ugly (read: car-sick puke). So... a full on hi-speed performance suspension mod isn’t really practical.

I have some bonus money coming in the next few weeks so I’ll need to strike fast before Wifey decides she needs new cabinets or floor tile, etc. My question is for those near [San Diego] who have been down this road before… What shop gave the fairest deal for parts & installation and stood by their work? Pass me your preferred Shop & Tech and of course I'd prefer to support a Vendor who supports the Forum.

Thanks in advance.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've used Outlaw offroad, RPG amd Westside offroad Group, all three very professional and did the work on time and on budget. All not too far from you.

OP
OP
BigH2OChief

BigH2OChief

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BEN, Totally agree. I actually have all the tools, a few jacks and grown sons for slave labor if needed. I can also use the lifts at the DIY shop on base. Any other time I'd be all over it but for the next few months I'm crushed with work. That said, You have made me me re-think farming it out... Buy the parts ASAP and install time permitting... Hmmm?

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t want to be that guy who doesn’t use the search function, so I did… and I’ve accumulated lots of information from any threads which was super helpful. But too much info has led to indecisiveness.

Here’s what I got going… On my 2013 SCAB, I want to replace front & rear shocks, add Deavers and Bump Stops. Truck runs 90% on pavement / 10% off-road (only because work gets in the way of play). I don’t run super hard and fast as I have a Cap on the back and usually roll with three adult Huskys in the cab with me. Tossing them around gets super ugly (read: car-sick puke). So... a full on hi-speed performance suspension mod isn’t really practical.

I have some bonus money coming in the next few weeks so I’ll need to strike fast before Wifey decides she needs new cabinets or floor tile, etc. My question is for those near [San Diego] who have been down this road before… What shop gave the fairest deal for parts & installation and stood by their work? Pass me your preferred Shop & Tech and of course I'd prefer to support a Vendor who supports the Forum.

Thanks in advance.
Need went out the window when you bought the raptor. I live on the east coast but by no means did that stop me from “going big”. If you like the parts and just want to drive a BA prerunner to work everyday then go for it. I’d say buy what you want even if it is more expensive or more than your driving style requires. Perfect example. I went with the icon stage 4 kit. $11k our the door. Now that I have it I wish I would have went with the mid travel kit. But I “didn’t need it” and it was $15k. Well I can promise the extra 4K then would be cheaper than an additional $15k now...

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BEN, Totally agree. I actually have all the tools, a few jacks and grown sons for slave labor if needed. I can also use the lifts at the DIY shop on base. Any other time I'd be all over it but for the next few months I'm crushed with work. That said, You have made me me re-think farming it out... Buy the parts ASAP and install time permitting... Hmmm?

If you have a base shop available just do it. Bring the boys, knock it out. I bet you could do it all in a day, the U.S. military will not fail due to one man taking a day for "holistic self healing and meditation" :). Plus wrench time with sons should be a priority! Hell, take a day of leave, make an event out of it.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the bonus to by a daily/beater and then you can start building a full off-road rig.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend a visit to SVC, they are in your area. Have a chat with Jeff and discuss some options with him, he's very knowledgeable and has been around the Raptor since inception. I have a full kit shipping from them soon, can't wait to install. Since I am way far away and an x-mechanic I'll do my own work and use it as a teaching opportunity for my son. With COVID and my restricted travel situation for work I am home all the time now and need a project. Plus since I am not going anywhere I don't have to drive it so can take my time. Good luck, I think anything would be a worth while upgrade on our "old" Raptors...