GEN 1 Help me decide I’m so confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to swap my ko2s out today for these but honestly I like how the ko2s look on my truck and they work great in the winter. I’m so afraid of noise on the km3 and also they look so rounded on the tread compared to the squared off edges on the ko2. Idk but now I don’t want to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to swap my ko2s out today for these but honestly I like how the ko2s look on my truck and they work great in the winter. I’m so afraid of noise on the km3 and also they look so rounded on the tread compared to the squared off edges on the ko2.
So I cannot comment on these tires when on a Raptor, but I've run both on a Wrangler. The MTs make a bit more noise but not as much as many people think, you have to really pay attention to notice, at least with the windows up. The biggest difference is the tread-wear and on-road traction. Both of those are strikingly different, but I think both are affected for the same reason. The ATs just have more rubber in contact with the pavement.

Where my off-road activities are involved I just do not have much mud, it is mostly rock and gravel, and since ~90% of my miles (probably more) are on pavement? Simple decision for my use-case.

MaTm

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Toyo R/T's.

Those look really good and I like the color matched fender look a lot. Are those tires loud?

I've been very happy with KO2s. They are smooth, quiet, and good in snow and ice.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look really good and I like the color matched fender look a lot. Are those tires loud?

I've been very happy with KO2s. They are smooth, quiet, and good in snow and ice.

They are not loud at all No change from the ko.

They are a heavier tire compared to the original ko.

I live in SoCal so I will not be able help you with the snow and ice review :)