Help me decide: 2017 or 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

duracell24

Reaction score
Just bought a 19. Wow that escalated fast. I went from looking at a used 17 w/22k miles to a new one within a week.

Bottom line for me was that the dealer with the 18 was giving me $3000 less on my trade than the dealer with the new 19. That knocked the difference down from the used 18 to the new 19 to $4,000...and the used 18 didn’t have the beadlocks. The 19 was equipped with just what I wanted (802a, beadlocks, moonroof, Tech package, tailgate step) in the color I wanted with nothing else that I didn’t really want to pay for (carbon fiber, heated rears, graphics).

I really couldn’t justify saving $4,000 when I could get one with 0 miles, new suspension, new adaptive cruise control and Trail Control, and had the beadlock wheels. I was gonna be at $2,600 difference between the two when I bought used beadlocks for the 18.

The dealer was Ourisman Ford in Alexandria and they took 10% off MSRP before adding in their ridiculous processing fees and freight. Ended up paying $67,058 for one with an MSRP of $72,260.

Anyway, thanks a ton for all those on this thread that helped me spend a ton more than I expected to spend within a week’s time! I’ll post pics in a little bit. SUPER pumped right now.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the biggest question is how long are you realistically going to keep it?

if you only plan on keeping it a few years then compromising on a few options is not a big deal

if you keep your vehicles for a long time then dont cut any corners and get exactly what you want

no matter how you slice it these vehicles arent cheap. to me, and extra 5k on a 70k vehicle to be perfectly happy is a no brainer. when i ordered mine i didnt want to have and regrets or keep looking back wishing i got this or that. you dont want to have to buy more stuff to get it the way you want because you will end up in the same spot anyway.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 19. Wow that escalated fast. I went from looking at a used 17 w/22k miles to a new one within a week.

Bottom line for me was that the dealer with the 18 was giving me $3000 less on my trade than the dealer with the new 19. That knocked the difference down from the used 18 to the new 19 to $4,000...and the used 18 didn’t have the beadlocks. The 19 was equipped with just what I wanted (802a, beadlocks, moonroof, Tech package, tailgate step) in the color I wanted with nothing else that I didn’t really want to pay for (carbon fiber, heated rears, graphics).

I really couldn’t justify saving $4,000 when I could get one with 0 miles, new suspension, new adaptive cruise control and Trail Control, and had the beadlock wheels. I was gonna be at $2,600 difference between the two when I bought used beadlocks for the 18.

The dealer was Ourisman Ford in Alexandria and they took 10% off MSRP before adding in their ridiculous processing fees and freight. Ended up paying $67,058 for one with an MSRP of $72,260.

Anyway, thanks a ton for all those on this thread that helped me spend a ton more than I expected to spend within a week’s time! I’ll post pics in a little bit. SUPER pumped right now.

well to me it sounds like you did good, congratulations!

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think you made a smart decision as well. The peace of mind in knowing that you're getting a brand new vehicle and not potentially inheriting someone else's problem truck is worth the extra $4,000.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ourisman Ford in Alexandria

WELL DONE! Those guys were squarely in the ADM camp, I think they were quoting 10k over back in late ’16, early ’17. If you’re close, they have 2 way pickup via courtesy shuttle and extended service hours.