Help me buy a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Ok here I am again, I was a little shy to respond due to embarrassment, but Im back . And for all of those who saw my other A ROCK GUY thread, I know it was a pathetic and stupid attempt that I didn't think about:lol2:. Anyways I have read all of what everyone has said and it has kind of opened my eyes a little bit. And for some of the questions you all have been asking, I will answer them. For my parents financial situation, I come from a very privelged family and my father makes several hundred thousand a year. And this is the reason I was going to be able to get a Raptor. My parents obviously have a lot of other things to pay for (I know every other person in the world does too, I am just explaining my standpoint) and they add up to where its not as simple as outright buying a brand new Raptor. But on top of this my Grandparents and Great Grandma wanted to help pay for my car. So I have several different people wanting to help out. I know I may get crap for being spoiled, but like many of you were saying at your age you would have taken the car, and here I am, and my family is wealthy enough to get it for me. But after reading some of these threads I think I might just go with a F-150. It is a lot cheaper and yes I will probably beat the hell out of it with my 16-year-old driving. I would love a Raptor, but you all and my logic have made me think otherwise. Well, time will tell, so goodbye I hope to be on this forum with a Raptor one day:party28:.

Hey Jonathan,
I really applaud you for your courage to come back. I suggest talking over what you just told us with your parents. It was a very mature decision you made. Who knows what might come of it. :waytogo:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why some of you guys care so much about how old he is. If he wants a Rap let him enjoy the forum. Some of you I know are genuinely offering advice from life experience and that's cool, but there is no need to chastise him because of his age or financial situation.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow

When I was 16, a friend and I went in on a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500. Got it from a guy that we caddied for on a golf course. Cost a 100.00. Thought we were in heaven and it had a very large back seat for the drive in. Catch my drift. Anyway, we were happy to have that car. Moral of the story is get a car with a big back seat so you can have fun at the drive in. Get the crew cab.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Jonathan, I just came up with a good idea for you. You live in texas ? The Texas Raptor Run 2013 will be in April so get your dad to go out there with you ? Maybe you can talk your dad into buying a crew cab Raptor for the family, and well maybe you can dirve it sometimes. You get to drive a Raptor, you don't have to pay for it or insure it or put all the gas into it. Then you get a f-150 or something to go to school in ?

I vote that you stick around and ask questions, learn about Raptors, and be a part of FRF. We need a variety of members here on FRF.

At Outlaw Raptors "Desert Heat" run there was a 16 year old young man that his father bought him a Raptor. The son talked the dad into going on the Outlaw Raptor run, they had a great time, great for father son bonding.

Ford Raptor, not only a great truck but a great father son bonding tool !

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that is the best advise yet ^^^^ and you would get the feel of the power in these trucks they are special. good luck

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This kid is probably just saying this to get us off his back. He'll get a raptor anyway. Either way, good luck and be smart

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you got the dough buy the Raptor, don't be stupid. 45k to a family who makes several 6 figures a year ain't shit. They don't live in the same realm as most people.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a lot of people never read what the kid said completely, as many have gone off on him not being able to finance a car at his age etc. He had stated that his parents would put down 8000 and then make the monthly payments etc.

I think there is a big misconception that all young kids drive recklessly and abuse their vehicles, that is very "insurance like" of you. When I was 15 I purchased my first car in cash that I earned saving since I was 7 (delivering papers) it was a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo. That car could get you in trouble, but as a new driver I babied that thing because it was mine and I worked hard for it.

This kid does not sound irresponsible from what I gather in his posts, but I can't make a real judgement without actually meeting him, and neither should anyone else.

I say if his family has the means and it won't strain them financially then go for the Raptor, as a young driver I hope you feel privledged with what you were given and treat it with respect like your parents would expect. They obviously trust you and believe that you are responsible enough to handle the vehicle, just don't end up a statistic.

With all this said, this just the perspective of a young guy (23) that is going to be picking up a 13' Raptor. I already own a house, and a sports car, and have a completely stable career.

I wish you all the best and do what makes sense for you and your family.