Help me buy a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathanpayne

Reaction score
Ok I am 15 and about to turn 16 in November. And don't give me crap for the age please I have wanted this car since it came out, and my parents made me a deal that if I kept up my grades, was a "good" kid, and etc., that they would get me a raptor. The thing is I obviously still have a price range and I can't quite afford a brand spanking new raptor. So I was wondering if some people could help me out, or I have heard things about someone named Randy who could help me, so with that said can you help me out or direct me to him? Ok though, what I am looking to get is either a 2011 or 2012 used or new, it just depends on the price. The only features I absolutely need are the navigation system and 4 doors (super crew). Moneywise I was planning to put $8000 down and looking for a $500-$600 monthly payment. I know there is tax (I live in Texas btw, shouldn't be too much of a problem) and credit to account for but I am just looking for a ballpark range. I have been looking on autotrader and found some cars for around what I wanted for about $45000-$46000. Anyways I'm just obviously looking to get the best deal possible, so would it be smart to wait until the 13 comes out? And if so, how much would the price drop? I just am kind of lost here and have a lot of questions, so any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

OP
OP
J

Jonathanpayne

Reaction score
Thought there might be some sort of dumb age restriction or something, can you just please try to ignore that?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
From what I have heard the price on the 13's is going up something like $4k

You can definitely hit up Randy. Just look for his icon over on the right hand side of the page. It'll say "Randy Ford Professional"

Honestly, I think your only bet is going to be to comb autotrader and ebay and look for a stripped down 2010 for something in the 30's.

Best of luck to you. I don't remember if it was your thread or not that I suggested this in, but you should probably try checking out the classified section on Race-dezert.com and see about maybe just picking up a nice pre-runner for less money. Your budget should allow you to buy something pretty nice.

OP
OP
J

Jonathanpayne

Reaction score
Ok thanks, but what I meant about the price dropping on the 2013 was how much would the 2011 or 2012 drop in price when it came out.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I live in Dallas, Texas.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randy is booked solid. I talked to him and he has quite a few orders now. You are looking at a long wait to get a 13.
In order to get a 500-600 payment you will need more than 8k down.
I just purchased a loaded 2012 dropped 25k down and my payment is 484 at 3.89%
Here is the 2010 I traded in only options are the orange interior, orange paint, graphics and tow command... Used 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (Orange Truck) Washington DC

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Randy is booked solid. I talked to him and he has quite a few orders now. You are looking at a long wait to get a 13.
Here is the 2010 I traded in only options are the orange interior, orange paint, graphics and tow command... Used 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (Orange Truck) Washington DC

Those numbers mean nothing to him. He'll just print what you said and show it to mommy and daddy.
Why don't your parents just deal with buying you a car. No dealer/dealership is going to take a 15 year old kid seriously walking in asking for a raptor.
Hell... i'm 22 was 21 when i bought mine.. the dealership was all sketched out by me buying the raptor in full... cash...

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ditto on the payments. You are not going to be anywhere near $500 to $600 payment with only $8000 down. I too put $26K down, no nav, but I got the extended warranty and maintenance, same %rate as Hockster and my payment was about the same.

If that is your budget, I think you might be out of your league for now. Unless you can save up some more, because I doubt you will be able to get a better interest rate.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Those numbers mean nothing to him. He'll just print what you said and show it to mommy and daddy.
Why don't your parents just deal with buying you a car. No dealer/dealership is going to take a 15 year old kid seriously walking in asking for a raptor.
Hell... i'm 22 was 21 when i bought mine.. the dealership was all sketched out by me buying the raptor in full... cash...

Shit, I'm 35 and a dealer didn't want my money, wouldn't even let me test drive the Raptor

Hey, it's good to have dreams and goals, maybe the kid will pull it off some how. But shit, damn, the Raptor is a lot of truck for a 16yo IMO. I woulda killed myself at 16.5 if I had a Raptor...lol