Help Level Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would need to keep 480 pounds of sand in the very end of the bed to move the rear suspension down 1.5" which would also kill 1.5" of travel in your suspension.
I don't know about gen 3, but my gen 2 squats 2.5" with 540 over the rear axle. I'd expect about the same with 480 against the tailgate and I'd expect the spring stiffness to be roughly the same, gen to gen, since it's tuned for the same purpose.

Yes, weight reduces up travel. But spacers reduce down travel. Pick your poison. You need both if you use your Raptor for it's intended purpose. If it's all about a look, follow your bliss.

Zach Gen3

Reaction score
I need some advice guys , I’m not a big off road driver but I want to level up my Gen 3 , what’s the best way to go ? I hear lifts , spacers , very confused, I know prices also are different. I’m more concerned on quality than saving money just want shit done correct, do you even think it’s even needed to level up this truck. Please help me out , thanks for your input.
It depends how big you want to go. If you just want level, run a 1.5" perch. I recommend RPG, but there are other good options. If you want to go bigger, run the 2.25" perch, and add .75" spacer in the rear. I am currently running 2.25" perch collar up front, and 2" coil spacer in the rear to help compensate for sag from my rear recovery rack.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did the rpg 1.5 perch on my 35” gen3. Sitting almost perfectly level with 3/4 tank of fuel. Measuring ground to center to the fender, front: 42 1/8 and rear: 42 1/16. On a level surface.