GEN 2 Help...late allocation '17 Depreciation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 are great trucks! I have a October build special order that has not had any issues, 4500 miles and over 1000 of those are off-road. From what I see on this site 99% of the early builds have been trouble free, some paint, dent, scratch issues, and maybe a gap issue here or there. I enjoy driving my truck every day, it is your choice on which to buy, it looks like it will be early September before any 18'***** the road, and from the order guide I have seen very few changes. Good luck with what ever you decide, we cannot decide for you.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
2017 raptors will be the ones to stay away from especially Early build ones. I would go for the 2018 with the better stereo.
2017 = Red Headed Stepchild

I'd like to see the actual percentage of trucks that had moderate/serious issues. Im not talking about a paint chip or a small scratch. Those could have happened in transit, at the dealership, who knows. But I'm willing to bet it is very, very small. Something like 5% of the trucks or less.

Lat

Reaction score
2017 raptors will be the ones to stay away from especially Early build ones. I would go for the 2018 with the better stereo.
2017 = Red Headed Stepchild

Nah; that's what they said about 2015s and I got top dollar on trade in

psufan

Reaction score
I turned down a last minute 17 allocation to wait for an 18 allocation at my dealer (MSRP either way). I really wanted the full stop ACC for driving in city traffic, and I figured that I'd pick up any other updates that came through for 2018 too (and probably pay a bit more with some MSRP/options increases). I've been waiting long enough, so a few more months wasn't a big deal.

With that being said, I also didn't want AG. if I did, I'd jump all over that 17.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Buying just about any vehicle is throwing money away. Both at this point, the point since past and future points....

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buying a new 17 at this point is just throwing money away, unless you get some smoking hot deal.

Thats ridiculous to say.

If you keep it 3-4 yrs or longer, then the diff in value between the '17 and '18 will be minimal..... maybe $1000

Add in that you can only get AG color on the '17 and you would likely make up that $1000 just from someone thats wants it. Add in the price incease for the '18 and its a wash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahE