HELP!!! Is the NAVIGATION really worth $2,500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had several options to purchase other veh's without Nav....waited for what I wanted and sooooo glad I did. Needless to say, the backup cam is a must with my config and the ability to upload cd's and mp3's is super. Also, getting weather maps from Sirius is very cool. IMHO, Nav is money well spent, however, I am not really worried about resale....I am NEVER letting this truck go.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 110

Diesel1710

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money no object it's a no brainer. Obviously you get NAV.

The decision is a very personal one. Personally I couldn't justify the additional price.

$2,500 is about $40 a month added to a five year loan. And yes, you'll get some of it back when you sell/trade in. But that will also diminish as time goes on.

How many times do you use GPS every month? Do you already own a smartphone?

- I own a smartphone, and I like its NAV features: voice command, real time traffic etc.
- I plan on keeping the Raptor until the wheels fall off, so resale is irrelevant.
- I don't use GPS often.
- I needed to fit the payments into a tight budget, yes $40 a month makes a difference.
- NAV software goes stale over time, and new disks can run $200.
- I like less crap that can go wrong.
- I can already back up without hitting stuff.

With different parameters I can totally see making a different decision.

:p

Perfect logic! This is why I kept the $2,500 in my pocket.:waytogo:

blpp

Reaction score
Traveling U.S

Hey guys and girls! Your thoughts please!

I am ordering a new Molten Orange Raptor Super Crew and I think I have all the accessories picked out! Need your input on the Navigation. I have NOT used a Ford Navigation unit before. I have owned a Nissan Armada LE and the Navigation is Awesome. I have an I Phone and it works really well too which makes me wonder if the Ford Raptor Navigation is worth the extra $$$

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated... Gary

I'm towning a 22fb jayco trailer with my 2011 SC i'll tell you what i love the GPS.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it in one car. The only use it had for me was on a trip and I used it to get around in a city. Actually only used it to play with it. If you get lost a lot it might be great.

I'm never lost... my wife is always telling me where to go...

Combine the above with another woman in the dash telling me where to go...

I just need a mute button option.......

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it so I can watch Django driving down the road...

Weather map comes in handy, and the breadcrumb trailing makes driving the course at TRR much better since you know where you are in relation to the camp should you totally ***** and have to walk it out on one of those misguided night runs.

11SVT

Reaction score
I recently bought my raptor used, its a 2011 and the nav is the only option it didnt have. im thinking about going to the dealership to have them install one. I could go aftermarket but im worried the steering wheel controls wont work right... any advice?

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my raptor used, its a 2011 and the nav is the only option it didnt have. im thinking about going to the dealership to have them install one. I could go aftermarket but im worried the steering wheel controls wont work right... any advice?

Go aftermarket and just have the controls harness installed.