HELP!!! Is the NAVIGATION really worth $2,500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! Your thoughts please!

I am ordering a new Molten Orange Raptor Super Crew and I think I have all the accessories picked out! Need your input on the Navigation. I have NOT used a Ford Navigation unit before. I have owned a Nissan Armada LE and the Navigation is Awesome. I have an I Phone and it works really well too which makes me wonder if the Ford Raptor Navigation is worth the extra $$$

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated... Gary

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first vehicle with navigation. I've always thought that since I could get Nav on the iPhone, it wasn't worth the money.

Now that I have it, I wonder sometimes how I lived without it, especially with the Sync voice commands. I love being able to jump in the truck and say "Destination Home" and it takes care of the rest !

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it is if you have the money to get it go ahead and get the luxury because you will get that money back when you sell the truck. Plus it makes the dash look very nice and I love switching station with the touch screen.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I really like mine. I always thought I could live without it, but it does a lot of cool things that you wouldn't think of like Ski conditions and weather radar maps. I really like being able to get into the truck with my droid in my pocket and my Pandora radio station automatically starts playing. Being able to take calls/texts with my phone in my pocket rules too.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like mine. I always thought I could live without it, but it does a lot of cool things that you wouldn't think of like Ski conditions and weather radar maps. I really like being able to get into the truck with my droid in my pocket and my Pandora radio station automatically starts playing. Being able to take calls/texts with my phone in my pocket rules too.

You get this without nav too...

I've had Nav in other cars and never used it, it never worked as well as my phone, in fact it was worthless. Nav is the only option i didnt get with my truck, and i dont miss it, after being in a Raptor with it. But i agree, if you can afford it, got or it...nothing gained, nothing lost.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i used to think that my phones GPS would be just fine..... and it was (is now too) in my old truck. but since ive had it, seen it and played with everyting.... its awesome!!! plays dvd's, weather maps, pull up sports scores, gas prices, movie theaters and stores.... not only that, the radio, wether the basic, 6 disc or nav, is a slot load.... so if you decide to change the radio out, youll need to cut the bezel and that just scares me.... plus more options always helps the resale values!

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think I could live without mine. The weather radar, traffic spotter and especially the bread crumb feature, which has gotten me out of the woods and desert more than once.