HELP - installing aftermarket big screen unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Install a Built Right Industries mount on the center channel pocket, then buy or use your current tablet with a Ram Mount. Done!

I did this too, only thing I couldn't sort out is the bluetooth audio lag was pretty bad watching sports. There is no auxillary audio port in the truck if you want to listen through the truck speakers. I am no tech junky, so maybe there is a work around I couldn't figure out.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I did this too, only thing I couldn't sort out is the bluetooth audio lag was pretty bad watching sports. There is no auxillary audio port in the truck if you want to listen through the truck speakers. I am no tech junky, so maybe there is a work around I couldn't figure out.
If you connect it to the USB port it should come up as a connected device. I keep a USB drive on mine with music and it also recognizes my iPad as well. No lag here but I could see it happening on Bluetooth.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you connect it to the USB port it should come up as a connected device. I keep a USB drive on mine with music and it also recognizes my iPad as well. No lag here but I could see it happening on Bluetooth.
So you're saying use a USB for the sound... and subsequently charging....

Then I just hotpsot my phone over for the Ipad's internet for netflix/tube?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was my experience with the phoenix model. It got glitchy after a few months, went back to stock.

I still have my PHX installed, and have most of the bugs worked out. Only real issue now is the slow boot up, I am used to the other quirks. I have thought about going back to stock, but the stock screen in the attic has been sitting in the attic for a couple years now. With my luck, it won't work anymore and I won't get the PHX back working again.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does it take a long time to boot up?

does it come on auto with the truck?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does it take a long time to boot up?

does it come on auto with the truck?

There is probably more technical explanation, but it feels as though it's a tablet that doesn't have much of a battery, so will shut down after a few minutes without being charged while the engine is running. I've gotten used to waiting a couple minutes before playing music. There is more to it than just a tablet though The good news, sort of, is that the backup camera will be functional immediately, although on mine, it will not display correctly if used at certain times of the bootup.