HELP - installing aftermarket big screen unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
So you're saying use a USB for the sound... and subsequently charging....

Then I just hotpsot my phone over for the Ipad's internet for netflix/tube?
Yes, I have had my ipad connected to the USB port and it recognizes the device. Go to the "sources" on the radio and it will appear on there. It does on mine. I don't daily drive my truck or I'd send you a picture. Should work though.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I have had my ipad connected to the USB port and it recognizes the device. Go to the "sources" on the radio and it will appear on there. It does on mine. I don't daily drive my truck or I'd send you a picture. Should work though.

Great! One less random connection that I have to figure out. Awesome. Will report back.

My only concern next is for the IPad mount and I hope it does not move a bunch. I may get some Velcro pads and adhere them to something so it does nto vibrate as much when its down resting just above the stock screen.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh wow ok. Well...Chinese items tend to do this?

I wouldn't chalk that up to being Chinese so much that it's a cheaply designed system. I mean that in the sense that costs much less than competitors with a lot more functionality, and designed to work on many different auto models. You get what you pay for, which I was somewhat ok with since I wasn't going to pay a furtune for this and was willing to tweak.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm just confused as to why one would pay 800-1200 dollars and it not work flawlessly but we can see other galaxies, allegedly, from light years away.

Regardless, I get it. I assume the manufactures don't want you getting to cocky

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Great! One less random connection that I have to figure out. Awesome. Will report back.

My only concern next is for the IPad mount and I hope it does not move a bunch. I may get some Velcro pads and adhere them to something so it does nto vibrate as much when its down resting just above the stock screen.
If you go with Ram Mounts, you can actually mount two arms on the tablet holder. I've seen some guys run a suction mount and a dash mount for extra stability off-road. That's what I did on my last run and it was really solid. I did two arms coming out of the Built Right dash mount. Keep in mind mine is just an iPad mini. I use it to load maps.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will see how my amazon setup works and transition from there. I can't justify $150 to hold something.

I wont make it tacky, promise.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright folks...

Done. Ipad pro 12.9" mounted. Having a little audio delay but its to be expected. Any thoughts on the audio delay and how it looks?

ipad1.jpegipad3.jpegipad2.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you connect it to the USB port it should come up as a connected device. I keep a USB drive on mine with music and it also recognizes my iPad as well. No lag here but I could see it happening on Bluetooth.
So I am having lag even though I connected to the USB with cable to the Ipad. Thoughts?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm just confused as to why one would pay 800-1200 dollars and it not work flawlessly but we can see other galaxies, allegedly, from light years away.

Regardless, I get it. I assume the manufactures don't want you getting to cocky

$800 is high for these, although I see that AmericanTrucks are selling them for over $1k. But like I said, it's cheaper than competitors.

And of course it can be done better. The screen on the new Raptors is better. Can't watch videos or use any andriod app, but still better.

Alright folks...

Done. Ipad pro 12.9" mounted. Having a little audio delay but its to be expected. Any thoughts on the audio delay and how it looks?

View attachment 368638View attachment 368640View attachment 368639

Looks good. How easy is it to take the ipad off?

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$800 is high for these, although I see that AmericanTrucks are selling them for over $1k. But like I said, it's cheaper than competitors.

And of course it can be done better. The screen on the new Raptors is better. Can't watch videos or use any andriod app, but still better.

Looks good. How easy is it to take the ipad off?

Psht brosef. Just pull down on the two arms and she slides right out. But its very sturdy. And to reduce any sort of bouncing on the dash, just using some Styrofoam