HELP: Ghost in the machinery - Intrusion alarm issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
2020 Raptor purchased in May 2020
Forscan mod - mirrors in May 2021
Cobb Tuning - engine and transmission in June 2021 / CAI
Garmin Dashcam - hardwired since June 2021

As of Tuesday, 9/21/21 the Raptor’s intrusion alarm has gone off… 12:33AM, 1:45AM, and 1:48AM. This morning (Wednesday, 9/22) - it went off at 5:15AM. No activity, confirmed by security cameras. No weird weather… except getting cooler in the evenings (SW area). Neighbors love me! :oops: I am at a lost why now and issue? Quick internet search points to maybe a battery or body control module? Anyone experience this, advice - fix? Thanks in advance!

No critters inside, no sunroof/shade open. Vehicle parked in driveway.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is usually from some sort of flying bug setting off the interior sensors. I'd try disabling them by selecting perimeter only on the dash before you lock the truck and see if it still occurs. Do you have Fordpass setup? It may tell you what triggered the alarm

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my gen 2 does the same. ford app displays the same "intrustion" alert. of course there's no one in sight near the truck. can't leave anything valuable in the truck since i don't lock it anymore.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my gen 2 does the same. ford app displays the same "intrustion" alert. of course there's no one in sight near the truck. can't leave anything valuable in the truck since i don't lock it anymore.
Have you tried disabling the interior sensors?

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried disabling the interior sensors?
i have not. i will be trying that, though i don't think thats a solution if i have to manually select it every time i shut the vehicle off.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have not. i will be trying that, though i don't think thats a solution if i have to manually select it every time i shut the vehicle off.
Agreed, it will at least help to narrow it down to those causing the alarm to go off. I think you can default them off, or maybe even disable them with Forscan so you can at least lock your truck until you figure out why it's happening

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, it will at least help to narrow it down to those causing the alarm to go off. I think you can default them off, or maybe even disable them with Forscan so you can at least lock your truck until you figure out why it's happening
good point. i'll try it out. dealership installed the lojack incorrectly as well, so it was drawing power even when the truck was off. now the lojack unit is gone. this truck is primed to be stolen.