*Help* Fox Factory Race 3.0 have Grooves on Shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGrizzly

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting my Fox Factory 3.0 Race Series shocks re-valved and got word that they found grooves on the shafts for my front shocks. The guys over at DC Shock Works have told me that they're seeing that this is fairly common with this particular suspension and that I need new shafts. The icing on the cake is that there's no word from Fox as to when they can send over new shafts... my truck has already been on lifts for 3 weeks. A definite bummer. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or knows more about how this happens? Any leads as to where I can source new shafts as well would be greatly appreciated.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have not heard of this from our customer but most probably ain't at the rebuild cycle yet. I personally have the Live Fox Race series on my 2020 and just had mine rebuilt for the SDI E-clik and no shaft issues reported.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do either of you guys know of the right rebuild kit for these shocks? just looking to do seals and oil. since you are having them rebuilt where did you send them ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20