GEN 2 Help! Forscan mistake with DRL's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wydget

Reaction score
I used the asbuilt file and reset everything. Still have the one headlight issue and no remote start.

Can anyone help with what my next step be?
@FordTechOne maybe.

*** Actually I didn't reset them all apparently. My Lincoln style mirrors are still working, the temp gauge number over oil temp, couldn't get it to work on the other one. I'll spend more time tomorrow going one by one.

Is there a step by step on how to reset everything? Do I go one by one then turn off then back on the ignition? Are there any other steps?

Than you all for the help.

Last edited:

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
I used the asbuilt file and reset everything. Still have the one headlight issue and no remote start.

Can anyone help with what my next step be?
@FordTechOne maybe.

*** Actually I didn't reset them all apparently. My Lincoln style mirrors are still working, the temp gauge number over oil temp, couldn't get it to work on the other one. I'll spend more time tomorrow going one by one.

Is there a step by step on how to reset everything? Do I go one by one then turn off then back on the ignition? Are there any other steps?

Than you all for the help.
As-Build is just a programming format and using it doesn’t really mean the programming will reset to factory. You do have to use it in order to reset all settings to factory. If you did not backup the original configurations, you will have to download them from the Motorcraft website. The following link should help you with that and much more…

Just spend some more time getting to know ForScan better before you make any more changes; you can really brick your truck if you’re not careful enough. You can just restore one module at once. Even if the current configuration is not working great I would still back it up - a configuration that is not that good is still better than one that doesn’t work at all. Long story short: download your truck original configuration then restore only the modules you changed. Do backup the current configuration before you restore to original.

OP
OP
W

wydget

Reaction score
As-Build is just a programming format and using it doesn’t really mean the programming will reset to factory. You do have to use it in order to reset all settings to factory. If you did not backup the original configurations, you will have to download them from the Motorcraft website. The following link should help you with that and much more…

Just spend some more time getting to know ForScan better before you make any more changes; you can really brick your truck if you’re not careful enough. You can just restore one module at once. Even if the current configuration is not working great I would still back it up - a configuration that is not that good is still better than one that doesn’t work at all. Long story short: download your truck original configuration then restore only the modules you changed. Do backup the current configuration before you restore to original.
I discovered I wasn't actually writing the configuration, only loading it. I spent a little more time yesterday reading the forscan forums. I'll try again today when I get home and reset every module individually.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I discovered I wasn't actually writing the configuration, only loading it. I spent a little more time yesterday reading the forscan forums. I'll try again today when I get home and reset every module individually.

Oh yeah, I’ve done that a time or two.
The first time I did mods, the tablet I was using was presenting the tables in super small font, I had to use a magnifying glass, so I used post its to save the values, in addition to my backup. I did screw up Lincoln fold mirrors 1 time I think, but nothing ‘broke’. I missed a table update if I recall correctly.

I would get the last modules you updated back to stock if possible and restore the truck’s functionality. Then modify. IOW, don’t try to mod further with a known problem.

Reaction score
I had an issue as well with my 17 Screw Limited and wanting the orange leds to be my DRL instead of the low beams; found that I had checked a box when first playing around with everything that caused my error and was able to get it all how I wanted, but it never goofed with the low beam like yours is. Hopefully re-installing the as-built data resolves this.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Can't stress enough, do not reset the modules that you did not change, doing that you may create new problems. I found that the AS-Built configuration I downloaded from Motorcraft was out of sync with the one I actually had on my truck. By "out of sync" I mean that it a had one or more extra fields and field formats that were different from the truck's configuration... To have different field values that is to be expected (as we changed the programming) but I did not expect to have different fields or formats. I ended up comparing all fields manually and modify just the ones that were different but existent as a field on the truck.

OP
OP
W

wydget

Reaction score
Can't stress enough, do not reset the modules that you did not change, doing that you may create new problems. I found that the AS-Built configuration I downloaded from Motorcraft was out of sync with the one I actually had on my truck. By "out of sync" I mean that it a had one or more extra fields and field formats that were different from the truck's configuration... To have different field values that is to be expected (as we changed the programming) but I did not expect to have different fields or formats. I ended up comparing all fields manually and modify just the ones that were different but existent as a field on the truck.
Thanks for the heads up. I will verify I only change the modules I messed with.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Forscan tutorial is a highly recommended resource.

It gives you the step by step method to make changes, and also gives you a video of doing several examples. Each video is only 1-2 minutes long. The videos really show you exactly what you should be doing. Here is one example that shows the double horn honk disable: