GEN 2 Help! Forscan mistake with DRL's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wydget

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I programmed my drls to only have the parking lamps on my 2017 SCREW. I could not get it to work. Now, when I lock my truck or the drls are on, it only has the driver side headlight on. When I lock the vehicle, the driver side light stays on longer than the rest and flickers as it's shutting down. Here's a video. Any help would be appreciated. I thought I backed up my files but it doesn't seem to have saved.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best and easiest solution, is to go back to that module, and instead of using the Programming selection, choose the AsBuilt section for that module. Then write it to your truck, and it will be back to factory settings. Then you can go from there if you want to try adjusting again. You can always load the ASBuilt file again if you mess up.

Good luck.
DC

OP
OP
W

wydget

Reaction score
Best and easiest solution, is to go back to that module, and instead of using the Programming selection, choose the AsBuilt section for that module. Then write it to your truck, and it will be back to factory settings. Then you can go from there if you want to try adjusting again. You can always load the ASBuilt file again if you mess up.

Good luck.
DC
Also, my remote start no longer works. From either the remote or from the fordpass app. I downloaded the asbuilt data from the website. I had used the save button on the bottom of the program but the text files don't have any values.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Was this a multiple module update or a single module? @Therock88 is right, if you don’t have a backup, repopulate the modules to “as built” manually and you should be back to good. Remember you have to ignition cycle to commit the changes.

The backup process is a bit cumbersome, it’s module by module, so that’s why I’m asking about what modules are updated. And, I know that you know this now, but for the benefit of others, the backup process isn’t complete until you actually open the backup module and validate the contents.

OP
OP
W

wydget

Reaction score
Was this a multiple module update or a single module? @Therock88 is right, if you don’t have a backup, repopulate the modules to “as built” manually and you should be back to good. Remember you have to ignition cycle to commit the changes.

The backup process is a bit cumbersome, it’s module by module, so that’s why I’m asking about what modules are updated. And, I know that you know this now, but for the benefit of others, the backup process isn’t complete until you actually open the backup module and validate the contents.
Yes, it was a multiple module update. After each one, I cycled the ignition. I unfortunately didn't validate the contents. I did download the as built file from the Motorcraft website. I think it only shows one module though. I'll have to dive into it tomorrow after work. I appreciate all the help. Not having remote has ducked as i usually stay the truck to chill it for my kids.
I really do appreciate the help.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is strange, I have not messed with Forscan on my 2017 for a couple of years. But don't ever remember seeing a one headlight option. I have my low beans on when using the Auto setting. Makes me wonder how many strange options exist, that are not documented. Good luck, let us know how you fixed it.

I have been planing on setting my parking lights on, for my GT500. I may postpone it since the 2020s are not very well documented.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is strange, I have not messed with Forscan on my 2017 for a couple of years. But don't ever remember seeing a one headlight option. I have my low beans on when using the Auto setting. Makes me wonder how many strange options exist, that are not documented. Good luck, let us know how you fixed it.
It's listed as the "AARRGGHH" option.

1640548356633.png

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought Forscan would add a front-end questionary-like interface to make it easy to use getting rid of the bit level options. At that point, users would pay for this easy-to-use interface. I have an extended license, with plans to use it in the future.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have been planing on setting my parking lights on, for my GT500. I may postpone it since the 2020s are not very well documented.
The single headlight being inoperable and remote start not functioning is a good indication that the module has been corrupted. Without a backup, he can try installing As-Built data, but that’s no guarantee the module will be restored. ForScan is a very powerful tool, but any time you’re programming/reconfiguring a module there is a risk that something can go wrong.

OP
OP
W

wydget

Reaction score
The single headlight being inoperable and remote start not functioning is a good indication that the module has been corrupted. Without a backup, he can try installing As-Built data, but that’s no guarantee the module will be restored. ForScan is a very powerful tool, but any time you’re programming/reconfiguring a module there is a risk that something can go wrong.
This is what I was worried about. I'm gonna try to reset the module now with my downloaded asbuilt data. My drls actually work fine while driving. I noticed it today while heading home. It's just when the truck is off and powering down after it's been locked.