HELP ENGINE NOISE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
Really hoping someone on here has some insight into a problem I’ve been having.its a 2018 SuperCab with 23,000 miles. I’ll start with the only times it seems to do it is after a drive. So I can drive the truck running errands or whatever come home and it’ll sit for 10-30 mins and then when I go to leave my driveway is when it happens. It’s sounds like a gurgle or something. Seems to be coming from drivers side of engine compartment. Any help or insight is great appreciated!

Thanks

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally know nothing about nothing when it comes to this truck, because I have only owned mine for bout 2 weeks. But gurgling implies an air/liquid sound....could it be the evap system re-pressurizing, or purging some unwanted air?

$5 says someone around here will know this pretty easy.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leave it in 4WD auto and see if it does it. You may be losing vacuum in the system, causing the hubs to partially engage while it sits.

OP
OP
IndianaRaptor

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
Been trying to catch it on video but one happens every now and then. Once I get a video of it I’ll post on here

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s odd, sounds more like a grinding than a gurgling like I imagined. No idea, but guarantee someone here will know that sound..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
IndianaRaptor

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
Ya definitely not a good sound lol. Gonna be taking it to dealer to see what they say. I’ll keep the post updated. Any more input is definitely appreciated!